Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Here Comes Santa!

Hi all - it's been a while! We had our Sweet Adelines Regional contest last weekend so I was very busy with chorus stuff, plus we have a show coming up on the 18th. Lots of work but fun too!

I'm here with a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #86 where the theme is Playing with Plaid. Besides plaid paper from the stash, I just got a new texture die from Waffle Flower - perfect for CKC!! Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Betterpress Porcelain; Paper Studio Red A2 card; 
Authentique A Magical Christmas (plaid); scraps
Stamps with Dies - ECD Santa Claus (dies HERE)
Dies - Waffle Flower Sweet Plaid Texture Die
 Betterpress Plate with Dies- Spellbinders Poinsettia Corner (sentiment) &
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Paper Studio gel stickers

I started by texturizing an A2 card with the WF die - it's gorgeous! Added a panel of plaid paper trimmed in black to anchor my Santa head. Santa was already colored and leftover from previous cards (here & here). A couple Betterpressed sentiments from the stash & some gel poinsettia stickers finished the card.

I'll also link up to the current Merry Little Christmas Challenge #56 where anything goes & to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge (celebrating 11 years!) since my plaid texture die is getting first play here.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty weekend!!




12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

The plaid is perfect and what a sweet santa face.

Dawn T said...

Lovely card Linda. Love the plaid textured background and the gorgeous plaid paper.

Lisa Elton said...

Love that jolly little Santa face, he's cute! Terrific card, Linda!

HilaryJane said...

I do love plaid on Christmas cards. This is such a fun and happy card xx

Jean said...

The texture, the plaid, the Santa - this truly captures everything special about Christmas!

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Linda, your card is a total delight and simply shouts 'Christmas'! I love the double plaid and the dainty poinsettia flowers, and just look at that jolly Santa! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining Gail and me over at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Darnell said...

You definitely rocked the plaid challenge, Linda! I love your happy Santa and the whole design! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Enjoy your other busy hobby with chorus stuff! Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

Oh that jolly Santa is just so cute, Linda! Fabulous Christmas card.

Trina P. said...

Sweet Santa Christmas card.

Greta said...

Hope the regional contest went well and enjoy the show coming up. Such a fun, festive card!

Arlene said...

Just adorable. I love the Santa!

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous texture. Love that jolly santa. Thanks for joining the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz