Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, May 21, 2024

So Lucky!

Hi everyone - I'm posting at Die Cut Divas today with some inspiration for our May Monochromatic Challenge! Here's the card I shared:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; scrap of lime green
Stencils - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Lucky Stencil Trio &
Stamps - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Lucky Stamp Set
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Mini Slimline,
Other - Distress Oxide inks - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, 
Lucky Clover, Peeled Paint, Rustic Wilderness, & Pine Needles; 
Hero Arts enamel dots; G20 Copic

This month we have Waffle Flower as our fabulous sponsor. They're offering a $15 gift card to their online store for our random winner - thanks so much!!



Monochromatic = shades of the same color.


Black, white, grey, brown & beige can be included with your color wedge.

We had a great chorus show on Saturday, then I had to quickly work on my cards - just finished yesterday! I die cut the postage collage and used the coordinating block stencil to ink shades of green. I love it in the mini slimline format! Next I stamped or stenciled items from the Lucky stencil & stamp sets. The stencil is for the A2 postage collage (which I also own) but I made it work for the mini slim blocks. Next I stamped the subsentiment in the upper right and added a fussy cut sentiment above it. Added the panel to a mini slim card formed from Neenah. 

I die cut a bow for the main clover and some painted flowers & leaves. Shaded the flower pieces with a wax white Copic (in the green series) & layered them. Adhered them to the card with the leaves and added some enamel dots around - done! I'll add this card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge #62 since the mini slim stuff is newly used.

Now for a bonus:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; Neenah white;
Poptone Lilac
Stamps - Waffle Flower Popping Sentiments
Hero Arts Happy Definition (retired)
Dies - Waffle Flower Elegant Oval Frame & Tea Cup
Other - Villianous Potion Distress Oxide ink; 
foam tape; Park Lane gems

I couldn't resist a card in shades of my favorite color! I stamped a purple A2 card base with an old Hero Arts background stamp using Villianous Potion DOI. Gives it a nice texture. Stamped the sentiment in the same ink and cut down to a thin block. Die cut the ornate frame from white and the outline layer from lilac. Die cut the cup from another purple card & the included flower spray die from white, layered together and added to the frame with foam tape. Quick and easy!!

That's it for today - I hope you'll check out the May Diva Challenge!!



11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two fantastic cards, Linda! Your mini slimline postage design is cute and I like your fancy bonus birthday card!

HilaryJane said...

I am glad your show went well on Saturday. Sounds like you have been very busy. 2 great cards. Love the monotone and the lucky glover postage stamp die. It has worked really well xx

Jean said...

Two terrific monochromatic cards! That's a particular tough challenge. And "yay" for the great chorus show.

Dawn T said...

two stunners Linda. Love the mini slimline card. Just gorgeous. And your bonus card is simply amazing.

Cat Craig said...

I do love a monochromatic card,a nd you have two beauties here Linda.

Trina P. said...

Terrific twofers. The postage collage card is so cute and fun. I’m trying really hard not to jump on that band wagon and it’s getting really tough. 😂*LOL* Your second card is elegant and so pretty in purple.

Arlene said...

I have not purchased the mini slimline Postage collage die yet, but you're tempting me. I love your cup in purple (villainous potion) - just stunning! The cups would make great Xmas tags too.

papierelle said...

I love this card. Wonderful designed!!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards! Jo x

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of monochromatic cards, Linda!

Greta said...

2 beautiful monochromatic cards, Linda! I adore that frame on the 2nd card!