Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, May 31, 2024

Happy Birthday in Reds

Hi everyone - I'm part of the last-of-the-month post at Die Cut Divas today with some inspiration for our May Monochromatic Challenge! You have until 9pm Pacific time to upload your project.

Here's the card I shared:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Poptone Black;
Hero Arts Poppy trio (retired); Paper Studio red;
My Favorite Things Falling for Houndstooth
Stamps w/dies - Waffle Flower Sweet Strawberry (die HERE)
Dies - Waffle Flower Lacy Squares Die,
Other - Park Lane gems; Copic Markers;
Black Soot Distress ink

This month we have Waffle Flower as our fabulous sponsor. They're offering a $15 gift card to their online store for our random winner - yay!!



Monochromatic = shades of the same color.


Black, white, grey, brown & beige can be included with your color wedge.

I found the lacy square die set on sale at my local craft store & coudn't resist it! I formed a 5.5" square card with a medium shade of red. Die cut the lacy square set (except for the smallest square) in other shades of red, white and houndstooth, inking some of the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. Matted the houndstooth with black & added to the card. Die cut the smaller scalloped square with the stitched circle die & added all the layers to the houndstooth. Die cut the sentiment in white and outline in red and black, then layered. Added to the card with foam tape. I made this card right before I made last week's Craft Roulette card - the sentiment die set was handy!

I ordered the Sweet Strawberry Bundle from Waffle Flower's March release. For today's card, I just stamped & die cut the strawberry stem (leaving the stencils & hot foil plate for future). I colored it with red & grey Copics and added to the card with foam tape under the strawberries and flower. Die cut a bitty bow and added to the strawberry stem. Added a red gem to the bow center, flower center and above the sentiment - done! I'll add this card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge #62 since the lacy square set is newly used.

Now for a bonus - this time in oranges!


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card;
American Crafts orange; 
My Mind's Eye On the Bright Side (patterned)
Stamps - Waffle Flower Popping Sentiments
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage &
Stencil - Waffle Flower Butterfly Shaker Coloring Stencil
Other - Waffle Flower Slim Shaker Cover - Butterfly;
Unk brand of clear drop shaker mix; Darice sequins;
Hero Arts orange and Distress Ripe Persimmon inks

I die cut the large butterfly with the medium one to form a frame for the shaker cover. Die cut the large butterfly again and stenciled with the coordinating detail stencil. Filled the shaker and covered with the stenciled butterfly, then added the frame. For interest, I die cut my background paper with the postage collage before adhering it to an A2 card. Stamped a sentiment strip and added to the butterfly & glued to the card - done!

That's it for today - I hope you'll check out the May Diva Challenge & play before it ends at 9pm Pacific Time!! Thanks for visiting!!



7 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Both cards are simply wonderful-but I love that butterfly!

Lisa Elton said...

Two delightful cards, Linda! Love the cute little berries!

Cat Craig said...

I do love a monochromatic card and you've provided two beauties.

HilaryJane said...

Love that strawberry card. Such a clever use of all that red. Your butterfly shaker is stunning too xx

Rosemary said...

Sweet set of monochromatic cards, Linda. Love the first one with the pretty strawberries!

Greta said...

Love all the layers for your pretty red monochromatic card and fun butterfly shaker!

Jean said...

Just wow - you make monochromatic design look easy!