Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, May 12, 2024

Happy Spring! Happy Mother's Day!

Hi everyone - hope you're enjoying Mother's Day if you're celebrating today! My mom's been gone two years already so it's a low key day; Dad & I are watching baseball - no surprise.

Today I'm playing along at the current Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #63 where they're celebrating Vappu, the Finnish version of May Day. So, that means spring flowers and I was lucky enough to find a UK magazine the other day with freebie stamps featuring daffodils. I love daffodils and fondly remember the Cancer Society fundraiser selling bunches of those sweet flowers. The stems would be bundled up by the dozen - just buds which would gradually open to a gorgeous bouquet. Before I retired, we'd go out of the office on our lunch break & come back with several bunches for our desktop. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Poptone oatmeal & black; 
Authentique plaid; Paper Studio A2 cqrd
Stamps - Crafter's Companion Springtime Wishes
(freebie with Issue 132 of Creative Stamping magazine)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Creative Expressions Wordies Sentiment Sheets Hello Spring;
Copic Markers; foam tape

I stamped the daffodil swag twice and colored with Copics. Trimmed the panel with a stitched rectangle and matted in black; added to a panel of plaid, then to an A2 card. I stamped a couple extra single flowers from the set and used them to cover up Easter eggs within the daffodil swag. Colored the eggs green so anything peeking out would look like a leaf. Popped a pre-printed sentiment onto the center with foam tape - done!

I'll also add my card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge #62 since the stamps are newly used and to Inkspirational #315 where they're celebrating Seasonal. This makes my first time playing at the latter, although I have been inspired by their DT members, especially Pia (Pias Papir og Perler) and Julia (Create with Me). Also, my friend Hilary (Fiddling About) has inspired me to play at the We Love Stamping May Challenge; theme is Vintage or Anything Goes (I chose the latter).

Remembering Mom on Mother's Day: My mom had quite the green thumb and her garden still has some beautiful flowers. We've always had bleeding hearts and lilacs at our family homes; sadly, I have a brown thumb and can't grow either! Here's a couple of photos I took at Dad's this afternoon:



That's it for today, friends! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!





12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This card is oozing with spring prettiness, Linda!

brenda said...

A really beautiful Spring flora card, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping May challenge.

B x

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Clever way you adapted the image to fit a spring card.

papierelle said...

So many beautiful flowers, pure spring!! I'm glad you're joining DotMCC again.

Jean said...

Your coloring is magnificent. Thanks for sharing the photos of the plants at your father's house. Looks like it was a lovely day weatherwise in your part of the world.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and colours, of course I love daffodils too. A lovely design. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith A DT

Cat Craig said...

Love the detailing of the layers below that lovely colorful burst of flowers.

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous spring card, Linda! I love daffodils, too, especially the tiny ones.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful floral stamp you used here Linda! Daffs are one of my favs as well and I have 10 or so in my garden that come up every spring - I also have bleeding hearts like your mum/dad - my original one was given to me by my son when he was 3 and I have transplanted it twice when I've moved and it has spread on it's own to other spots too! Beautiful coloring on all of the blooms and so pretty with the black and plaid framings! thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Seasonal! Julia xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card with all the spring feels. What a fabulous freebie .
Wonderful memories of your mom, too.

Greta said...

Beautiful coloring, Linda! Love the pictures of the flowers at your dad's place. So great you 2 enjoy watching baseball together. My dad and I loved watching sports and I miss that a lot.

HilaryJane said...

Just trying to catch up with a bit of commenting after a few days away and I found this beauty in the we love stamping gallery in one of my commenting numbers, so here I am. I love it, just a wonderful spring feel. Thanks for sharing it with us. The anniversary of losing loved ones is always challenging and they keep coming round. it will soon be 35yrs since my mum died. Seems impossible xx