Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Winter Bird with Plaid

Hi everyone - I'm back with a second card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #86 where Jo & Gail are playing with plaid!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio Holiday (red), 
Patterned paper behind NOEL unk; Co'redinations plaid
Embossing folder - Spellbinders Criss Cross Motif (3EOM-Nov23)
Stamps with Dies - My Favorite Things Winter Songbird (retired)
Dies - Tim Holtz Sizzix Big Tidings;
Other - Copic Markers; white gel pen; foam tape

I had embossed an extra panel and die cut an extra NOEL when I made an April Kickstart card (see it HERE, if you missed it). This embossed panel got very cracked so I used the debossed side. I inked the edges with black & matted it with white. The NOEL outline was die cut using the plaid paper I used on the NOEL for the previous card. I found some beautiful plaid Co'redinations paper at Joann last week, thinking specifically of this challenge. Glad I had the chance to use it as the background, layered atop an A2 card formed from Neenah white. 

I stamped one of the birdies and one of the branches from MFT's Winter Songbird set (sadly retired). Colored them with Copics and detailed with a white gel pen, then added to the O. Done! You can see another use of the NOEL die here if you missed it.

It's Anything Goes week for Darnell's IDEA program so I'm playing along; see her gorgeous inspiration HERE. I'm also adding my card to Merry Little Christmas #56 where Anything Goes for Christmas.

That's it for today - thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!




8 comments:

Jean said...

Truly embodies the Christmas spirit with the motifs, colors, patterns, and textures.

Lisa Elton said...

That little bird is too sweet! This is a delightful card, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Those winter birds are a favorite and you have given it such a sweet landing spot.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful Christmas card, Linda! That little bird looks so sweet paired up with the large noel.

Greta said...

Love the combination of elements and the colors!

Dotty Jo said...

Guess who just bought that Noel die! This is so lovely, Linda, and I really like how everything just sits together so beautifully. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas kickstart, Jo x

Dotty Jo said...

And thanks for joining us at MLCC too! Jo x

ionabunny said...

So cute. Love the plaid sentiment shadow. Thanks for joining the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz