Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, May 18, 2024

Birthday Alpaca

Happy Saturday everyone! Chorus has our Spring show this afternoon so wish me luck! It's turning out to be a beautiful day after thunderstorms to start. 

Today I'm sharing a sweet alpaca card made for Craft Roulette #215:


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; scraps
Stamps - Raisin Boat Guilty Pleasures (retired);
Dies - Marianne Design Elines Alpaca;
Simply Made Crafts My Little Memory Book; 
Memory Box Wishing You 
(retired exclusive for Simple Pleasures)
Other - colored pencils; foam tape

Last night I watched Craft Roulette #215 live (see replay HERE). Mary Gunn FUNN had Jayma, her very first CR guest, and Jayma's daughter Kailyn to join in the fun. Here are the parameters for this week (screen shot during LIVE):


Project - Birthday card; yay - always need those! Element - Scoop; my brain went to ice cream and I found the perfect sundae image. Colors - Petting Zoo; agreed this could be many things, firstly animal colors but I included blue sky and greet grass for the perfect day and, of course, there would be an ice cream truck there! Random - tabs; the die set I chose had a stitched rectangle and a tab die - perfect!

When I first heard petting zoo, my brain thought to include an animal. Even after I realized that was the colors, not the element, I still wanted to use the alpaca set. I got this set last year from dear Gundi (papierelle) along with the memory book die set. Thanks again, Gundi!! Simply die cut all element for background and alpaca, then assembled. Stamped tabs with "happy"; stamped, colored and fussy cut the sundae. Die cut the birthday and added all elements to the card - done! I had limited supplies available and wish I could've shaded the alpaca more. Didn't trust myself to use the colored pencils on him!

I was able to do most of the card last night but finished with the birthday die this morning. Isn't that alpaca just the cutest??!! Since the alpaca got first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's May NBUS Challenge #62.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!!


10 comments:

Jean said...

I am a huge fan of the Marianne Design animals - this alpaca is previous! Cute, cute! Have a wonderful time at the show!

Trina P. said...

You are so quick. Cute card. I would have used an animal too for petting zoo even though it was a colour parameter.

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Linda. Using the Alpaca certainly is colours of a petting zoo! Beautifully done.

HilaryJane said...

You are doing well with craft roulette. The whole idea seizes me up. Love how you incorporated all the elements into your cute card and putting a ice cream sundae with an Alpaca doesn't look odd at all - strange. I love it xx

Lisa Elton said...

This just makes me smile, it's adorable!

Rosemary said...

Cute take on the challenge with that sweet alpaca, Linda! My thoughts would have gone to animal and not colors, too.

Julia Aston said...

How cute is this alpaca! And boy is she happy with that ice cream sundae in front of her - so fun with the tap sentiments! Julia xx

Cat Craig said...

that is an adorable alpaca, and a cute card.

papierelle said...

Yes, that's right, I once gave you this sweet die. Now I know why, because you can create such cute and beautiful cards with cutting stencils.

Greta said...

Hope the show went well! Adorable card!