Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, May 11, 2024

Craft Roulette 214 - Retiform Appreciation

Happy Saturday everone!! I watched Craft Roulette Episode #214 live last night (replay HERE) but was also monitoring the Twins/Blue Jays baseball game on television (we won!). That kept me from crafting along with host Mary Gunn FUNN and her guests Lauren & Abi Taylor but I finished a card this morning. 


Supplies: Paper - BoBunny Double Dot;
Poptone Black; Paper Studio A2 card; Neenah white;
Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps - Hero Arts Wish You Were Here (c2011 retired)
Betterpress plate w/Die - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Distress Oxide inks; orange fineliner

I'll bet you can guess at least one of the parameters the roulette wheel spun! Here they are (screen shot during LIVE):



Project: Appreciation is pretty obvious; I used a Betterpressed thanks sentiment from the stash. Colors: Candlelight, it was agreed, were yellows and oranges. Element: Leave it to...  caused some consternation but most decided you could leave it to almost anything. I decided to leave it to chance! I took a chance and reached into a bin of stamps, using whatever came out! I did make sure I didn't have the box with a ton of alphabet stamps since I wanted images. I lifted out an old Hero Arts set with several chairs that I've used in the past. Random: Retiform - I've watched videos on this technique (basically inking or using paper blocks to create a background of shapes) but hadn't tried it until now.

I masked areas of a piece of Neenah and inked the shapes; trimmed with a stitched rectangle. Adhered to a black mat, then a dotted background & the A2 card. Stamped and colored a chair image, fussy cut it & added to the card with foam tape in an area looking like a floor. Popped a sentiment with foam tape and doodled some dots with a fineliner. Done!

I mailed this card to my aunt as a Mother's Day card. Yeah, I'm late; she won't get it by tomorrow. Oh well....at least I didn't totally forget.

That's it for today - hope you're having a great one!

8 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I love that background and that chair. so random. You did a great job xx

Jean said...

I'm so impressed by your ability to multi-task while crafting. This is a really fun card, and it was interesting to hear how you interpreted the parameters!

Cat Craig said...

I am sure she'll enjoy it when it arrives. I am remaking the card for my Dad's wife...the post office has it in la la land. IT showed up on their informed delivery but never at their home. So you're won't be the only late one.

Lisa Elton said...

She'll be tickled pink no matter when it gets there, it's lovely!

Dawn T said...

Very cleverly done Linda. Another week of tricky parameters, one's you've nailed perfectly.

Rosemary said...

A fun and unique appreciation card, Linda. I think you nailed the challenge! And I learned something as I had never heard of retiform before.

Trina P. said...

So cute. Those parameters are tricky for me, but obviously not for you. Well done!

Greta said...

Sweet card for your aunt!