Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, April 6, 2024

Mr and Mrs Claus

Hey there - I'm healing gradually from whichever virus I had - ugh! Thanks for the get well wishes! Finally felt well enough today to put together a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge - Santa and His Sidekicks. I decided to go with Santa and Mrs. Claus, using two cute little stamped images from a Hero Arts set I picked up on clearance and hadn't used yet.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio A2 card, 
Holiday (dark red) & vintage (patterned holly);
Spellbinders Oct 23 Card Kit (plaid) & Betterpress Porcelain;
My Favorite Things Colorful Christmas Text; scrap of black
Stamp with Dies - Hero Arts Mr & Mrs (retired at HA 
but found HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Betterpress Plate with Dies- Spellbinders Poinsettia Corner (sentiment)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
Other - Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Copic Markers;
Betterpress Black Ink; ephemera holly from the Spellbinders kit

Simple card - stamping, coloring & die cutting, plus a bit of Betterpressing. I'll add this card to Darnell's April NBUS Challenge too, since the stamp set got first play here. Next I made a bonus card with Mr. and Mrs. Claus - this time using ephemera from the Oct 23 Spellbinders card kit and another Betterpress sentiment (Merry and Bright Sentiment Strips). I hand cut the chimney smoke with a deckle scissors.


That's it for today - thanks for stopping by! I'll try to catch up on blog commenting...



15 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, Linda. I don't recall seeing the HA Mr. and Mrs. Claus stamp before - what a cutie. I love all the details you always include on your cards. Thanks for joining Helen and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

papierelle said...

I love both cards, so beautifully made!!!

Jean said...

Glad you're feeling better! Cute, cute cards for that theme!

HilaryJane said...

I am so glad you are feeling better as we get to see these wonderful cards. I think it will be a long time before Christmas gets anywhere near my craft desk. you do put me to shame xx

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like those sniffles from several days back turned into something more. Hope it wasn't Covid, that icky stuff is still around. Glad you're feeling better, linda. Your Christmas cards are adorable and remind me that I should be working on some for my stash!

Trina P. said...

Glad you’re feeling better to craft up these sweet cards featuring the Clauses. The first one is adorable with a fabulous festive design.

Pia S said...

Santa and his wife is a cute stamp set and I like how you teamed them up with traditional colors and plaid paper.
I also like the card with the house - pretty colors - and nice touch adding the chimney smoke too!

Arlene said...

I love the HA Mr. & Mrs. Claus. Wonderful card. What a fun second card and I never would have guessed you cut the chimney smoke out.

Rosemary said...

Super cute set of Christmas cards, Linda! Your coloring of Santa and Mrs. Claus is perfection! Love the fun scene you created with the ephemera pieces on the second card.

Darnell said...

Your two Mr. and Mrs. Claus designs are layered and lovely, Linda! (Makes me gulp that I've only done one or two so far this year!) I love both cheery cards and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Glad you are feeling better! Hugs, Darnell

Cat Craig said...

Sweet, nostalgic and super festive.

Angelnorth said...

The HA Santa and Mrs Claus are adorable Linda, two fabulous cards for the Christmas stash!

Helen said...

Hope you're feeling much better now.

Love both your fun cards - great images and lovely designs.

Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Helen x
April Guest Elf

Dawn T said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Nothing worse than an end of winter virus! Love these Christmas cards. Way too cute

Greta said...

I'm doing some catching up as Covid got me and I'm still recovering. I'll see all your posts, but can't leave comments on all of them. Glad you're feeling better. These cards are darling!