Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, March 4, 2024

Smooshed inks on an Easter Card!

Happy Monday! Very gloomy here to start the day but the weekend was crazy warm for this time of year; it got up to 74F. In Minnesota, in March?? Anyway, not so nice today but I needed to get busy on my Easter cards!

I was thinking ahead to Darnell's (djkardkreations) IDEAS plan for this week - first Monday of the month so "I" is for inks/color mediums. I had decided to do some ink smooshing using acetate & did a blue and a green panel yesterday. So I was delighted to see Darnell's gorgeous smooshed vases (she used Lindy's magicals). I just used plain ol' water reactive inks for the greens and Distress Oxide inks for the blues. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas; many scraps
Stamps with dies - Avery Elle Easter Egg (dies HERE)
Dies - Spellbinders Spring Reflection (DOML-Feb23);
My Favorite Things Sunflower Wreath
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

I smooshed inks on a piece of acetate, spritzed with water and pressed onto a panel of Neenah white (110 lb). Did this multiple times, drying between each layer. Here are my finished panels:



Bought a sweet Avery Elle bunny stamp set plus the coordinating dies last week at my local crafting mecca, Anchor Paper. Stamped the bunny image on Neenah, then a second one of just the egg/hand part, then a third of the latter on patterned paper. Die cut the full image and fussy cut the rest. Then I stamped & fussy cut the hands. I colored the images with Copics as needed, adhered the layers & popped the hands with foam tape.

Next I die cut an oval three times from a Spellbinders set I've used a few times lately - it was still on the craft table! I cut once from another piece of white (for dimension), once from the smooshed blue and once from the smooshed green. I die cut the green oval down with a grass/leaf die and trimmed off the leaves that looked too tall. Layered these up and added the assembled bunny.

Die cut the side panel twice from the smooshed green and added some extra ink to the edges. This side panel is different from the one I used on previous cards (see them HERE, & HERE if you missed them); the die set comes with two options! Next I die cut an orange A2 panel and adhered it to the card base, then the side panels and assembled oval with bunny. Die cut a sentiment, some flowers and leaves then arranged them around the bottom of the egg. 

I'll add this to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since the bunny is newly used. And since B is for Bunny, I'll also link up (entry #3) at Ellie's current I Spy with My Little Eye Challenge. While I was at it, I made a second bunny in this style. I also stamped and Copic colored a third bunny with no dimension or paper piecing.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!




11 comments:

Jean said...

Wonderful use of the technique on a cute Easter card!

Dotty Jo said...

Adorably cute! Jo x

Trina P. said...

So adorable! Fabulous smooshed background.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet bunny! This is an adorable Easter card, Linda! 73 for us here in Ohio today... that's some crazy stuff right there!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card.

papierelle said...

Lovely card and the bunny are sooo cute!!!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda. Such a sweet bunny and great smooshed backgrounds

HilaryJane said...

What a happy little Easter card xx

Ellibelle said...

This is so adorable and love the smooshed background! So great to see you playing along at I spy with my little eye this month too, thanks so much!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Rosemary said...

Aww... that bunny is just adorable, Linda. Super sweet Easter card!

Greta said...

Such a pretty background for your cute bunny, Linda!