Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, March 8, 2024

Winter Wonderland Window with Winter Birds

Hey everyone - TGIF! I'm sharing a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #84 (first of a possible 3 max). As usual, I need to boost my Christmas card production!! For this challenge Jo (Jo Blogs) and elf Meghan (Made by Meghan K) are getting their Grinch on & using GREEN!! That means making green the focus of the color scheme - yes, I can!


Supplies: Paper - Co'redinations glitter; Neenah White;
Paper Studio A2 card; Lawn Fawn Petite Plaid Rainbow; 
scrap of green for branch
Stamps with Dies - My Favorite Things Winter Songbird (retired);
Hot Foil Plate with Dies - Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words 
(dies HERE)
Dies - Lawn Fawn Winter Wonderland Window;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Pine Cones
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Spellbinders gold foil;
Taylored Expressions pre-printed sentiment strip

I picked up the Lawn Fawn snowflake window last week at Anchor Paper - all dies except new releases were 15% off so I went a little crazy. Plus, Lawn Fawn is sponsoring our March Die Cut Divas Challenge so I wanted to be sure I was well stocked for my Diva posts. Couldn't wait until then to use this set though! Cut the snowflake part from white glitter paper, then cut the arch part into an A2 card. Backed the arched window with green plaid paper then popped the snowflake frame on top with foam tape. Die cut a branch & added it into the window, curling up the needles.

Next I stamped, die cut and colored the birdies. I'd thought to paper piece the sweaters but I couldn't find a print that worked with the stamped patterns. Just did some quick Copic coloring. Added the birdies to the branch. I had the foiled and printed sentiments in the Christmas bits box; added them to the card - done!

I'll also add my card to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge #60 since the snowflake set got first play here. And also to Ellie's current I Spy With My Little Eye Challenge #12 since bird starts with b and branch too, for that matter! That's my 4th entry at I Spy (limit of 5).

That's it for today - thanks for stopping by & enjoy your weekend!!




18 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Loving the vibrant green and those little birds jumpers. A lovely vibrant Christmas card. As green is my favourite colour, I had better go and check out the gallery at Christmas kickstarter xx

Jean said...

Very imaginative combination of elements - just adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

I love everything about this, Linda, it's so cute!

Loll said...

Fabulous card Linda. LOVE all your amazing details and the bright, bold, beautiful shades of green. Great work! xx

papierelle said...

Oh wow, this card is so beautiful!! Just like a view out the window in the winter forest!!!

Lin said...

This is darling, Linda! Love that bright happy green!

Dotty Jo said...

I love the way that green cards really seem to 'pop'! This is a total showstopper, Linda. I love your design and the cute MFT birds too. Lovely! Thanks for joining Meghan and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

What a fun card. I love the elements you pulled together for the arch and the birds. It is a fabulous combination.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous card Linda. Love the little birdies in their jumper.

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love these colors and the window die is so beautiful! A perfect way to showcase these pretty birds on the pine branch.
Thanks so much for playing along this month at "I spy with my little eye"!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Angelnorth said...

Love the “non traditional” shade of green for your card base Linda, it looks wonderfully vibrant! Cute birdies and beautifully put together elements, great card!

Leslie Miller said...

This is so very cute! The birds in their little sweaters are adorable, and the scene with the branch in the snowflake arch is such a lovely setting for them. I'm drawn to birds and color and warmth. Even with the snowflakes this card has warmth. Beautiful!

Rosemary said...

You definitely nailed the challenge with this fun scene card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

So tweet and adorable! Love the green colour palette. Perfect for the challenges.

Greta said...

Love the snowflake window and your adorable little birds! Fun, unique Christmas card!

MadeByMeghanK said...

These are beautiful birds and Christmas Foliage!!! Thank you for joining my Guest Elf Theme GRINCH at Christmas Kickstart! www.madebymeghank.com

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful view out of this lovely arched window Linda - with the sweet sweatered birds sitting on the pine branch! Julia xx

Arlene said...

So pretty - those birds in their sweaters so so cute.