Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Delivering Christmas Cheer!

Hello and welcome! I'm back with my third and final entry for Christmas Kickstart #84 - Get Your Grinch On! That means feature green prominently - so fun!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Paper Studio text & glitter;
Spellbinders A2 card & Betterpress Porcelain;
Hero Arts Pitch Black
Betterpress Plate - Spellbinders Christmas Icons
Dies - Taylored Expressions Easy Strips 1/4" ;
Key Lime & Green Apple Reactive Inks & sparkle lacquer;
Betterpress Black Ink

I bought the background paper last week at Hobby Lobby, thinking it would make a fun card for this Kickstart Challenge. But what to put with it? Settled on a Betterpress image I bought locally right after Christmas. Isn't that little VW bug just the cutest??!! Pressed it along with a sentiment from the same set, then die cut with a stitched rectangle. Next I added some soft watercoloring & put some snowy sparkle on the "road". Matted it with a sparkly green layer, then a white one. Die cut the text pattern with a stitched rectangle then added it to an A2 card. Added narrow strips of black to simulate a ribbon, then popped the car panel atop it with foam tape.

While I had the Betterpress and watercolors out, I did a poinsettia panel too. 


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card;
Betterpress Porcelain; scrap of green
Betterpress Plate with Dies- Spellbinders Poinsettia Corner
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
 & sparkle lacquer; Betterpress Black & Leaf Inks

Pressed the panel with black ink and watercolored. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle & added some sparkle to the pine cone. Pressed the sentiment in green ink and die cut it, along with a green shadow. Adhered to an A2 card - done! I'll add this card to the current Merry Little Christmas #55 where Anything Goes and also to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge #60 since my poinettia plate is new.

That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping by!!




10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love them both, Linda but your pretty poinsettia card is my favorite!

Dawn T said...

just fabulous cards Linda. Love the little VW on the first one and those poinsettias are stunning on your second.

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, my! Just look at that gorgeous little beetle car - so cute. This works so well for our challenge. I love your second card too. Beautiful cards as always, Linda. Happy Easter, and thanks for playing along with Meghan and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

Two really fabulous cards. Both are really special. I must get out my BetterPress plates again after seeing these. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Cat Craig said...

Great cards, Linda. I am so behind on my Christmas cards...YIKES>

Jeanne H said...

Darling VW card - I had a green one back in the day. Your card made me smile.Hugs.

Trina P. said...

Awesome BP Christmas cards! The green beetle is adorable. The poinsettia is beautiful.

Jean said...

That patterned paper pairs perfectly with the cute Christmas set (another one I need to investigate!). And your watercolored panel is beautiful!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous set of cards, Linda. Love that fun little "beetle" on the first card. The poinsettia on the second card is beautiful!

Greta said...

Your first card is so cute and I love the beautiful second one!