Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, March 2, 2024

February 2024 Card Chain Reveal

I'm back, as usual, on the 2nd to reveal cards going 'round the world - this time for the February 2024 Card Chain Challenge!  Thirty-four people participated and you can see the entire reveal HERE. My card went to Kath (Handmade by Kath) in the UK. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah white; Bazzill A2 card;
Sunny Studio Flirty Flowers
Stamps - Hero Arts Many Everyday Messages & Be Happy (both retired)
Stamps with dies - Simon Says Stamp Darling Friends (retired)
Dies - My Favorite Things Stitched Scallop Basic Edges
Stencils - Taylored Expressions Set the Scene - Clouds
Other - Copic Markers; white gel pen; 
Park Lane gems; Memento Tuxedo Black & Sky Blue inks

As I often do, I used the color palette & followed the sketch. This time I included one of the theme options Balloon which I translated to a hot air balloon! Kath has used kitty images on her cards in the past so I put a kitty in the balloon basket.

Colour Palette Option

Sketch Option




Theme Options: Balloons / Flowers / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Twine / Stencil


I took the time to do some stenciling on the envelope's flap - inspired by Hilary (Fiddling About) who also plays in the CCC & typically fancies up her envelopes. 


Sweet Imke (My Crafty Place) sent me this card:


I love her take on the sketch & she used my favorite color - yay!! Thanks, Imke!! That's it for today, friends. Interested in joining in? Come on - it's fun! Sign up for March HERE by March 6th.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!


18 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Cute and cheerful, your soaring kitty is bound to raise a smile Linda, love it!

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute and cheerful!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the bright happy color palette you chose, Linda! Your card is adorable and what a cutie you received from Imke!

Pia S said...

Love your card’s fresh colors with zesty green an yellow. It’s so sweet with the cat in the hot air balloon, a nice take on the sketch!

Gail said...

Your card is so cute!
Love the balloon in the sketch!

Jean said...

Your card is absolutely perfect for the sketch and color combo!

Julia Aston said...

So many lovely bits to your card design Linda! Beautiful clouds stenciled on the off set panel with the scalloped edge as well as the envelope. Love the kitty enjoying a hot air balloon ride up to the warm sun shining in the sky! Julia xx

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Linda. Great use of the sketch. And a beautiful card you received as well.

Imke said...

Linda, your card is super cute and your cloudy background is amazing !

Happy you like my card and yeah for using your fav colors - lucky me ;-)

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

papierelle said...

Oh your crad is sooo cute and I like your idea!!!

Dotty Jo said...

What a fabulous take on the sketch, Linda, your card is a beauty. Love the card from Imke too. Thanks for once again being a lovely link in our chain, Jo x

Arlene said...

WOW, What a great take on the sketch. I love the little kitty in the hot air balloon. So darn cute!

Greta said...

Super cute card!

Loll said...

Sweet card Linda. Your kitten in the balloon basket is so adorable! xx

Rosemary said...

You always create wonderful cards with the CCC sketch and colors and this one is no exception, Linda. Super cute and so fun!

HilaryJane said...

Great interpretation of the sketch. The balloon and cat were such good ideas and the colours look great xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great take on the theme and love the design and cute image-love the card from Imke too.
Carol x

Gail said...

Hi Linda! I was sure I commented!
Anyhoo, such a cute image in the basket!
Clouds look like mine, hahaha!
Just a really sweet card!