Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Panda-monium

Hey everyone - I'm back with my third & final card for the current Day of the Month Card Club Challenge - #61 National Panda Day. Wishing them a happy 5th blog birthday too!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; Recollections Black;
scraps of green; Paper Studio A2 card
Stamps with Dies - Poppystamps Whittle Panda Pickup Kit
Dies - Hero Arts Thorn Tree and Grasses
Other - Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; foam tape; Copics 

I'd used up my panda items so didn't think I'd be entering a 3rd card to DotMCC this time. Then last Tuesday I was checking my blogging friends' posts and spotted Lisa's (My Paper Tales) link to her Poppystamps post. Besides her darling card, she made a treat bag featuring a pickup truck. While the pickup was sweet, I noticed it came in a kit with, you guessed it, PANDAS!! I placed an order right away &, even with our bad weather, it arrived yesterday. Didn't get my mail until after chorus rehearsal last night but, with more snowy & icy weather today, stayed in to work on this card.

Die cut the pandas in white and black & either pieced bits or used a black Copic to color. Die cut a bunch of bamboo stalks and shaded with Copics. Die cut several panels of grass to offset for the bottom. Stamped a sentiment and inked the edges with Black Soot Distress ink. Assembled on an A2 card - done! I'm really happy with how this turned out.

I'll also link to Darnell's March NBUS Challenge since my panda kit got first play today.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day!!



13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh my word, these lil guys are so darned cute.

Lisa Elton said...

Happy to enable, Linda and yay for the speedy delivery! Your put those cuties to good use. I especially like the pair doing the balancing act. This is oodles of fun!

Loll said...

Totally adorable card, Linda!! xx

Cindy C. said...

Such a cute and sweet card!!

Trina P. said...

Another panda-stic card! These pandas are adorable. I have this kit and have not used it.

Greta said...

Makes me smile! Great to already use your new kit!

Rosemary said...

Really adorable panda card, Linda! I just had a nice scroll through your blog and you sure have been busy making some really lovely cards.

Jean said...

I've never see that Poppy Stamps die set before - you've made great use of it with the trees and grasses.

Dawn T said...

so adorable Linda. It's a lovely card.

papierelle said...

I see you're having a lot of fun with our topic and I'm happy that you're already showing the third card at DotMCC. You designed these again beautifully, it's so cute how the pandas play with each other.

HilaryJane said...

More lovely pandas. It looks like they are having fun amongst the bamboo xx

donna mikasa said...

Oh, your pandas are adorable, Linda! I totally missed National Panda Day but at least I got o see your cute card!

Izzy Scrap said...

Another cute card with this adorable panda tribe ! And another great design. Thanks so much for sharing and playing again at DOTMCC.