Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 25, 2024

B is for Bunny

A peeking bunny, that is! Happy Sunday, everyone - I'm back with another card for the current I Spy with My Little Eye Challenge, using things starting with B. I loved Ellie's inspiration card with the gorgeous stamped bunny but I went with a die cut one using a new Hero Arts set. Just got it in the mail last week and had managed to do a test cut in white which I used for my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah White & Desert Storm; 
Bazzill A2 card; My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas; 
BoBunny Dotted; scraps of greens
Stamps - Hero Arts Celebrate Every Day (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Peeking Bunny, Wood Fence,
Stencil - Taylored Expressions Set the Scene - Clouds
Other - Copic Markers; Park Lane gem; 
Memento Sky Blue & Hero Art Ultra Pink inks

I shaded the white bunny with some Copics. I left the flower from the set white but die cut colors (solids or patterns) to put over top of the other elements (carrot, hat, scarf). I also got the fence die in my order & did a test cut using a Neenah kraft color called Desert Storm - my local store often gives a pack as a gift with purchase. Shaded the details with an E Copic. 

I stenciled a piece of white Neenah using TE clouds for my sky & added some MFT lime green print for the ground. A couple die cut grasses, a gem for the flower, & a stamped sentiment finished the card. Note - I did snip off some of the foreground foliage that seemed too long beyond the fence. Was really happy with how this turned out!

I'll also add my card to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my bunny and fence dies are newly used. I'm also linking up to the current Just Us Girls Challenge #715 where Anything Goes with Stencils.

That's it for today; hope you're having a wonderful weekend! Note - the funeral I attended yesterday was a wonderful celebration of our friend Bob. I saw loads of people I hadn't seen in a while &, of course, there was glorious music!




13 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I am glad your funeral went well. It is interesting how uplifting they can sometimes be. Love your bunny card. Great use of die cuts and an interesting expression on your bunny's face. Not sure whether it is surprise or anger. I will go with surprise I think xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is so darn cute, Linda! Your stenciled clouds are just perfect. I'm so happy you added it to our JUGs gallery!

Bobby said...

What a darling Easter card, Linda. You created a wonderful scene for your bunny. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Jean said...

Such a cute set and you've nicely showcased it.

Dawn T said...

Too cute Linda. Such a sweet bunny. Glad the funeral was good. Love when a funeral celebrates the life of the person.

Angelnorth said...

“Hmmm, what’s that in the long grass? Could it be a sweet treat for me?” Bunny is looking a bit quizzical! Really cute card Linda, great die cut scene building. Glad to hear the funeral was a fitting send off for your friend, it’s a sad fact that we often get to see people only at funerals in our phase of life (30 years ago we’d have been seeing those people only at weddings…). Glorious music always helps.

papierelle said...

The little bunny dressed very nicely!!! Cute card!!

Greta said...

Such a cute card and I really love the fence off to the side like that! Funerals can be so good for reconnecting as you celebrate a friend's life. Can only imagine how wonderful the music was!

Pia S said...

This is a really cute card. Love the bunny with her hat on, how she's peeking from behind the fence and the green, grassy scene.

Trina P. said...

Cute peeking bunny scene card. I Spy challenge is a new one to me.

Cat Craig said...

What an adorable card, the partial fence with the peeking bunny is so cute.

Ellibelle said...

So adorable! What a great scene and cute bunny!
Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at I spy with my little eye! It's so perfect for our theme!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Pauline C said...

Very cute peeking bunny! Thanks so much for sharing with “I Spy” challenge “Something Beginning With B”.
Pauline xx