Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, February 24, 2024

Peace Lily Bouquet

Hi all - I'm sharing another sympathy card today. Hero Arts sent my February kit and I was delighted to receive it in time to use a beautiful Peace Lily stamp:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 cards (pastel and gold);
BoBunny Botanical Journal; Momenta Watercolor print;
scraps of green and purple
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Feb23 My Monthly Hero Kit
Dies - Hero Arts Jan23 My Monthly Hero Kit &
Tag Frames Infinity Dies; Waffle Flower Crafts - Twine & Bows;
Other - Park Lane gem; foam tape; Hero Arts clear sparkle lacquer

I did as usual & snipped apart the kit dies, then ran a test cut leaving a sturdy negative for stamping all the die cuts. Next I stamped the lily image on a test page in the MISTI and put the negative around it. With a bunch of blank die cuts I quickly stamped bunches of lily bouquets. I colored one with Copics, then added a bit of shading with a pencil & sparkled the flower center (which I learned is called a "spadix").

Since I had the tag frames out for yesterday's card, I used them again. Assembled on an A2 card with some layered stitched rectangles, the lily bouquet, & a Betterpressed sentiment. Also added some die cuts of a leafy HA sprig. The little bow came from a new-to-me WF die set found at my local stamping store yesterday. Done! I'm adding this to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my peace lilies got first play. I'll also link up to the current Day of the Month Card Club challenge where the theme is Random Acts of Kindness.

I'll take this card today to the funeral of a friend's husband. My friend Lou passed away back in 2017 and her husband followed her earlier this month. Both of them were very active in the Barbershop Harmony community - Lou was an International Quartet Champion in Sweet Adelines & Bob was a long time member of the Barbershop Harmony Society. He did USO tours back in the day with a quartet called the Hut Four (you can hear a song clip HERE - Bob is on the left in the photo). That quartet was before my time but Bob sang in another Barbershop quartet called Salty Dogs which I knew & loved. My quartet had the opportunity to share the stage with them back in the 2000s before both quartets retired. RIP Bob!

That's it for today - wishing you a crafty weekend!



12 comments:

Greta said...

A beautiful card for your friend's family. So good that we have our happy memories.

HilaryJane said...

How sad that they are both now gone, but the memories remain. Lovely card xx

Jean said...

I'm sorry to hear about the death of your friend and her husband. It's nice to hear your memories of your friend's husband. It sounds like quite the life of singing! Your card is lovely.

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely sympathy card Linda - I enjoyed listening to the clip of Bob singing - he was a handsome fella! How nice for the family to have his voice to listen too! I'm sure his family will appreciate your card! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

I'm so sorry you needed another sympathy card, Linda. This is lovely and will be greatly appreciated by the family.

Dawn T said...

So beautiful Linda. I'm sure the family will appreciate the thought and care that has been put into it.

papierelle said...

Another really beautiful sympathy card. Glad you joined us at DotMCC again.

Pia S said...

The kit looks like a beautiful one, and I sure love how you used the kit. I really like this sympathy design.

Rosemary said...

Awww... that bunny is just so cute. What a sweet card, Linda!

Trina P. said...

Sorry you needed another sympathy card. It’s lovely and I’m sure it was well appreciated.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully layered, Linda.

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Linda. It's always hard to make such kind of cards and even more when it's for closed friends or family. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing again with DotMCC.