Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, February 3, 2024

Valentine Gnomie

Hey everyone - I'm back with another Valentine card! This time I'm using some new Spellbinders I ordered a while back and hadn't had the chance to use until now.

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas; Paper Studio Holiday & glitter;
Tim Holtz Kraft Metallic; scraps of black, light & medium pinks & acetate
Stamps - Hero Arts Jan 2024 My Monthly Hero kit (sentiment)
Dies - Spellbinders Gnome Drive Holiday &

I bought the entire Spellbinders Gnome Drive bundle; you need the Holiday set if you want the car - the others are add-ons. My test die cut of the car body was done with purple (my favorite color, if you didn't know). Then I spotted Lisa's (My Paper Tales) darling card for Just Us Girls Challenge #712 where it's color week - Red, Pink & neutrals. I set aside the purple car for future & cut one from a deep red cardstock. Die cut the rest of the car, gnome and balloon bouquet from a couple more shades of red & pink, plus the neutrals. Cut the car body twice, actually, and sandwiched some acetate between the two so I'd have a windshield. Stamped the sentiment on the biggest balloon. 

Note: The gnome's arms are down at his side when die cut; I trimmed them off to reposition with one driving the car & the other holding the balloons. Assembled the gnome and car. Next I die cut a stitched rectangle from a MFT pink canvas pattern & adhered to pink A2 card, then added the gnome car and balloon string. The balloons were popped up with foam tape.

I haven't played at Color Hues in a while but Challenge #80 happens to have the same colors so I'll add my card there. Plus I'll link up to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my gnome sets are new.

One more Valentine done and just one more to go - yay! Thanks for stopping and I hope you have a crafty weekend!!




14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

He looks like a happy little fella! I love his spiffy red card and look forward to seeing the purple one too! I'm so happy I inspired you to join us for Color Week at Just Us Girls, Linda! Thanks for sharing this cute card ~ beep beep!

Inkami said...

Such a fun love design, the gnome is a real cutie!

Jean said...

Super, super cute! Great color and patterned paper choices!

HilaryJane said...

Love that little car. I am so glad you have used it. Great Valentines inspiration. thank you xx

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh...how fun!

Trina P. said...

Fun Valentine card.

papierelle said...

Oh this is sooooo cute!! I haven't enough time to create Valentin's cards for this year. My Valentine has four paws and fur.

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooooooooooooo, what a cutie, Jo x

Hannelie said...

In LOVE with this sweet sweet card... so beautifully designed and executed!

Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

This is so darling and every time I see that car I wish I had it. Everything balances so well, Linda! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Rosemary said...

Okay, that little gnome in the car is just too darn cute, Linda. What a fun card!

Greta said...

Very cute Valentine!

Cindy Beach said...

So glad you decided to come back to play at Color Hues! This is one super fun Valentine! The gnome is cute as can be!

Carol said...

CUTE card!! I adore that little car and have it in my cart right now. I also love the MFT canvas patterned paper and have wanted it forever! Such a darling card with products I recognize and love! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!