Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 12, 2024

Nordic Birds on a Branch

Happy Monday everyone! Yesterday I had a little early birthday celebration with my brother and sister-in-law who brought me some lasagna and red velvet cupcakes - yum! They went home to watch the Super Bowl & I stayed at my house. Could've gone to a watch party but I like to work on crafts during breaks in the action. Had to stay by the television for the commerials though! My fave was the Dunkin' Donuts one! And that halftime show with Usher - what a talent!! Topping it off - overtime win for Kansas City - fantastic!! I could go on & on but let's get to my card for today:

Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; 
Authentique Colorful Christmas 6x6"; 
BoBunny Botanical Journal 6x8"; 
scraps of red, green, pink & black;
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Bird Bunch;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Pine Cones;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop
Press Plate & Die - Spellbinders Merry & Bright Sentiment Strips
Other - foam tape

I was thinking of what to do for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Out on a Limb". Given it's the second Monday of the month, Darnell (djkardkreations) is doing Dies for her IDEAS plan. I thought I'd join her & pulled out a new bird die set from Poppystamps. I also got a pine branch die from Elizabeth Craft Designs in the mail last Thursday - so two newbies for the February NBUS Challenge

Aren't the birdies the cutest??! I cut them from both red and pink cardstock so I could alternate the colors & get two pairs. I put one from each pair on the card. Die cut the branch from a scrap of green & the rectangle from a soft green. Both the birds and the other papers matched well with a colorful piney piece I found in a 6x6" Authentique pad. I cut the pine paper to A2 size and added to a card base. Matted the stitched rectangle with black and glued to the card, then added the pine branch and birdies. A Betterpress sentiment finished it off.

Since I was at it, I made a second card using the other birdie pair. This time I used a piece of piney paper from Lawn Fawn's Peace Joy Love 6x6" pad, cut to leave a frame of the card base. The matted rectangle was cut from a soft blue pattern from BoBunny's Boulevard 6x6" pad. Also used a different sentiment strip from the same Betterpress set. Which card do you prefer?


I took the photos with my new light box. I had tried it in January and wasn't satisfied but I played around with it. The photos I took without it weren't getting the colors right so this worked better, thankfully! 

That's it for today, friends - thanks for stopping! Have a crafty day!!





12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Those little die cut birds look so cute. Love their branches too and the patterned paper frames them beautifully. I am glad to hear you are getting spoilt for your birthday xx

Lisa Elton said...

Happy early birthday wishes, Linda! Sounds like you were spoiled in a good way! Wonderful cards today. I like your cleaned layered designs!

Dawn T said...

Almost time for your birthday Linda. Have an awesome day. Love love love your cards today! The two little birdies are fabulous and look amazing on your cards

papierelle said...

I like both variants and your cute birds!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Early birthday greeting, lovely Linda! What a great card - you've smashed our Christmas Kickstart challenge and no mistake! Thanks for joining Gail and me, Jo x

Lin said...

Love your birds, Linda! And wishing you early birthday wishes for tomorrow - hope your day is wonderful!

Jean said...

Love these two bird cards that nicely showcase the products. Have a fantastic birthday! Agreed on the Super Bowl. :-)

Trina P. said...

Happy birthday to you, Linda! 🎉🎂🎁 Looks like it was a good decision to stay home and create these tweet cards. Now I wished I bought this bird set during the sale. 😂

Viv said...

Hope you have a very happy birthday Linda!
These are lovely - adore these birdies!

Cat Craig said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday, sounds as if you did. The birdies are lovely on your card. Yay for a new light box...some have light options cool and warm...I prefer the cool setting, the colors seem truer for me.

Darnell said...

Great photography with your new lightbox, Linda! The pair of love birds on your cards today look so adorable in red and pink on your two designs! I love the branches and great pp, too! Thank you for playing again at NBUS and for joining in my I.D.E.A.S. plan! Pinning! Happy ❤ Day! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

The little birds are adorable--great cards!