Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Heart Frame Love You

Hi all - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I was having a lovely day with some shopping & card making until I logged onto the computer to post my card. I just read news of some tragic shooting deaths in a suburb southwest of me in the Twin Cities - horrible! My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims. I'm sure they'll share more details during the evening news but it weighs on my heart!

Seems appropriate to be posting a LOVE card - wish there was more love in the world! I was reminded today by Hilary (Fiddling About) that she's hosting the February challenge at We Love Stamping. They're doing a Romantic or Anything Goes theme - your choice. I've been meaning to play & went the romantic route using a fave Hero Arts cling background stamp from 2009:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Paper Studio Glitter; Hero Arts Pitch Black; Michael's A2 card
Stamps - Hero Arts CG129 Heart Frame
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set;
(Love You dies in the Classic kit too but not the flowers)
Other - Copic Markers; Altenew Tea Rose Enamel Dots'
TH Distress Oxide inks - Spun Sugar & Kitsch Flamingo

I stamped the background on Copic friendly Neenah, then die cut it with a stitched rectangle. Sponged Distress Oxide inks on the edges, then colored the pattern with various red and green Copics. Gave it a black mat & adhered to a top fold A2 card. Next I die cut the sentiment multiple times, stacked & shadowed behind the glitter with black. Adhered to the card. I had a leftover white flower and some leaves from a previous card; colored them with Copics to match my background. Added a heart enamel dot to the center & added to the card - done!

I bought a kid's plastic craft tray in the Target Hot Spot last year - $5 or less. It has a nice surface with bins on either side & fits across your lap. I've been using it while watching tv - either to eat a snack or to work on crafts - very handy!! Some cable tv channel is having a Harry Potter marathon this weekend so I was watching one of the movies this afternoon whilst coloring my frame & assembling my card.

I'm also joining the current The Flower Challenge where you need hearts and flowers, plus the February Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero Challenge - "Do You Believe in Love?" I do, I do!

That's it, friends - thanks for stopping by & stay safe out there!!



16 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The sparkle look fantastic! Wonderful card, Linda!

Virginia L. said...

What a lovely and sweet card, Linda! Love that glitter paper and use of colors! Always a delight to visit your blog. Keeping you and people in Twin City in my thoughts and prayers!

Cat Craig said...

Your love card is what we all need right now. What is the matter with the world?

kiwimeskreations said...

Such a pretty card Linda, and so beautifully made - thank you for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme - we especially appreciate the 'shout out' you gave us in your post
Blessings
Maxine WLS DT

brenda said...

It's such a pretty card Linda, there are some lovely background stamps that get lost on creations, but this one really draws the eye. Many thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Dawn T said...

Looks amazing Linda. A great card,

Rosemary said...

A really lovely card, Linda. The bold sparkly sentiment look wonderful against the floral background.

HilaryJane said...

What a perfect card for the season and so nice to see you in the we love stamping gallery. Thanks so much for joining us. I do love that background with all those hearts xx

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely beautiful card Linda! I love the heart frame you used with all the heart looking leaves...soooo pretty! And your big and bold glittery sentiment is the perfect finishing touch to this beauty! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge...love seeing you in the gallery! Marcia (DT)

~amy~ said...

This is so pretty! Lovely colors and glittered sentiment.
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--I was thinking of getting out that stamp the other day! I've actually had trouble using it all these years, so love seeing what you did, Linda! Great card and yes indeed, we need more love & tolerance in this country and the world.

Andrew Granick said...

This is really pretty!

wienerhoneymooners said...

GORGEOUS card!! Makes me inspired for SPRING!

Thanks so much for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with a Blog Named Hero!

Hannelie said...

Such a beautiful way to say 'Love You ' !
Thanks so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge!

Ceal said...

Beautifully done!
Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty challenge with Hero Arts.

Kanan said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty. Thank you so much for playing along with the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero Challenge.