Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 5, 2024

Rose Birthday

Hi & Happy Monday! I was inspired by Darnell (djkarkreations) who posted last week about her new plan to start a crafty routine on Feb. 5th. She's using the aconym IDEAS to do something each Monday and we're invited to play along! Luckily, it was right after lunch that I remembered to check her blog post (gorgeous blossom cards!) regarding this week's use of Inks. So off I went & came up with this card:


Supplies: Paper - Michael's A2 card; Hero Arts Pitch Black; 
Strathmore Cold Press Watercolor Paper;
Porcelain Betterpress Paper; scrap of grey
Dies - Spellbinders Peekaboo Trellis Panels (retired);
Betterpress with Dies - You are Everything Sentiments
Other - Park Lane gems; Betterpress Black ink;
Hero Arts Azalea ink & Red Shimmer Spray


I was doing some crafty clean-up and found a Spellbinders die set from August 2022 - an APG (Amazing Paper Grace - they don't carry this line anymore). It hadn't been used yet so I decided today was the day. I went with the print-making coloring technique that Kathy Racoosin shared HERE.

I die cut the set's roses from watercolor paper and used another piece as a work surface while inking them. Also sprayed the larger outline rose with HA shimmer spray. There was a big blob of that on the watercolor work surface so I used that (once dry) to cut the background to the smaller rose. I die cut part of the work surface with a stitched rectangle, getting some of the stencil effect and shimmer sprayed area. I die cut a black mat layer and then the leaves from a scrap of grey. Added everything to a pale grey A2 card along with a Betterpressed sentiment. A few pink gems completed the card. 

I'm adding it to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since the roses/leaves dies were newly used. Since I used the colors for Just Us Girls Challenge #712 & Color Hues Challenge #80 (neutrals allowed), I'll also add my card there. 

Thanks for stopping and enjoy the rest of your weekend!








15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Always a pleasure to have your card in the JUGs gallery! This is a pretty one, Linda!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Linda. The background you created is amazing!

Cat Craig said...

Love the spritz.

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous print background. Love your roses and all in all a beautiful card.

Ina G said...

Another beauty! Simply stunning Linda. Thanks for adding another to our Jugs gallery.

Marcia Hill said...

This is so pretty Linda and I just LOVE your background! You've used our challenge colors perfectly and this card totally stands out in the gallery! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Color Hues Color Challenge! Marcia (DT)

ElizStewart said...

Linda... just love how your background mirrors your die cut. Just lovely. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Jean said...

The background nicely coordinates and reinforces the focal point!

HilaryJane said...

It's great. I love that background xx

cm said...

Your rose card is beautiful and how wonderful that you drew inspiration from Darnell's very cool, clever crafting goals. Thrilled, too, that you shared your creativity in the Just Us Girls and Colour Hues galleries.
~carol

Greta said...

So pretty!

papierelle said...

This is genius!!! And so everything fits together perfectly and an exceptionally beautiful card was created.

Betty said...

gorgeous card, Linda!!

Trina P. said...

Fabulous card! Your printmaking background is beautiful and creates a wonderful artsy design.

Nancy said...

Linda, So happy to see you back again with another gorgeous entry! Love your printing background and that you incorporated the extra piece for your rose outline...A girl after my own heart with no waste. Such a pretty Birthday card! Thanks for playing once again at Color Hues.