Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, February 4, 2024

Rose Heart

Hey everyone - I'm back with another Valentine card! I had to pop down to my hometown yesterday for a funeral (cousin from Dad's generation passed) so today I'm catching up on some blog commenting. I spotted Betty's (created by bjk) gorgeous Boxwood Heart card for the current Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #240 with Vicky's fun board. Thought I'd play along - here's my card:

Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Neenah white;
Hero Arts Pitch Black; Tim Holtz Jewel Kraft Metallic
Dies - Hero Arts Jan 2024 My Monthly Hero kit (heart and LOVE)
Stencil - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Rose
Other - sentiment strip (Taylored Expressions maybe?);
Altenew Tea Party enamel dots

Here's Vicky's board; I used the left vertical row (Enamel Dots/Stencil/Rose flower):


I made a few cards (see them HERE, if desired) using Waffle Flower's Rose Collage Stencil. I didn't want to make another one of those but thought it would be fun to use one of the set's layers to stencil a bunch of roses and then die cut into a heart shape. So that's what I did! I used various shades of Hero Arts pink and red inks and didn't mind if I overlapped them a bit. That same stencil has some bitty hearts so I used some Neon Pink ink to stencil a few over the roses. Next I die cut it with a heart die from the January MMH kit; also cut a second heart in red glitter for a shadow. 

Next I die cut 4 LOVEs from black and one from red metallic cardstock. Layered for dimension and used one black for a shadow. Added to the heart with a sentiment strip and then to an A2 card. Some heart-shaped enamel dots from Altenew - love, love, love - finished the card. Please excuse the glare off the red metallic - made my O look like it has a wrinkle - so hard to photograph!!

Since I used the colors for Just Us Girls Challenge #712 & Color Hues Challenge #80, I'll add my card there too. Will also send my card to Addicted to CAS #251 where the code word is HEARTS; spotted Jo's lovely entry after I'd finished my card & thought I'd play along. Great minds think alike with the big hearts!

Thanks for stopping and enjoy the rest of your weekend!






19 comments:

Jean said...

Stunning background for the bold sentiment!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful, Linda! Your card also works diagonally (Use Word Love, Die Cut, Rose)

Trina P. said...

Me again… sosorry for your loss.

Lisa Elton said...

You've combined all of the challenges perfectly with this fabulous card, Linda! Happy JUGs was one of them. I'm sorry for your loss <3

Dotty Jo said...

What a super card, Linda! I love everything about this, Jo x

ElizStewart said...

Linda... absolutely love your heat embossed roses on your heart...and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

JulieP said...

Sorry for your family's loss. I really love the stenciled rose background of your heart and your sentiment design is perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super pretty heart background - Thanks for joining n at JUGS

HilaryJane said...

This is gorgeous. I love it. The colour is superb xx

HilaryJane said...

This is gorgeous, I love it and the colour is superb. Sorry to hear you had to attend a funeral. Never nice xx

Nancy said...

So creative and gorgeous! I love that you gave the heart and word LOVE a black shadow and what a great sentiment too. So happy to see you back at Color Hues. Take care!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful Valentine! Love the heart background! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Rosemary said...

So very pretty, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Lovely design, Linda.

Dawn T said...

stunning Linda. Love your fabulous florals on the heart. Great card.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous Linda. So much to love about this card. Thanks for adding to our Jugs gallery.

Greta said...

Lovely artsy look and great sentiment!

Toni said...

Lovely design!

Betty said...

such a great card and so nice that my card inspired you(thank you!)-love everything about it - and so pleased you entered TicTacToe this week!!