Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, February 2, 2024

January 2024 Card Chain Reveal

Yes, it's that time again! Time to reveal cards going 'round the world for the January 2024 Card Chain Challenge!  Thirty-two people participated and you can see the entire reveal HERE. My card went to dear Jo (Jo Blogs) in the UK. Jo helps run the CCC and also does a few other challenges, including Christmas Kickstart where I was her January elf - so fun! Thanks for all you do, Jo!!


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Mist and Amethyst;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas;
Neenah white & black; scrap of slate
Stamps - Hero Arts All Occasion Messages (retired)
Stamps with dies - Lawn Fawn Our Friendship Grows (dies HERE)
Dies - Spellbinders Essential Four Petal Labels;
Hero Arts Smile Friend Stamp & Cut*;
Other - Copic Markers (BV29 Slate, C4, C1, V12, V15);
white gel pen; Hero Arts Aqua enamel dots;
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink

As I often do, I used the color palette, followed the sketch and used the theme of friendship. Options were:

Colour Palette Option

Sketch Option


Theme Options: Mythical Creatures / Birds / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Paint or Ink / Splatters

I die cut two stitched rectangles in two shades of aqua canvas pattern from MFT. From the darker shade, I die cut a label. Added some shading to the edges with Black Soot then adhered the darker rectangle to the lighter one with foam tape. Glued to a Mist A2 card. 

Next I stamped the flower on Amethyst cardstock and fussy cut then added to a white die cut so I'd have white edges. Added some shading with Copics. Stamped the leaves, colored with BV29 and some grey Copics, then fussy cut. Die cut the FRIEND 3 times - twice from black and once from slate. I added BV29 to the slate one to deepen the color, then glued it atop the two black ones for dimension. Stamped a subsentiment strip and glued it to the FRIEND. Assembled the elements and added some enamel dots - done! The FRIEND is from the Spring 2024 Hero Arts collection* which I was able to get through the ShopBox program; it'll be available at Hero Arts on Feb 14th - my bday - yay!

The amazing Julia (Create with Me) sent me the following stunner - just love the beautiful blue jay atop the fence (gorgeous woodgrain!) with the sweet scene behind!! Julia also included some fence and bird die cuts for me to play with - thanks, Julia!!


In the USA & Canada it's Groundhog Day where the question is "Will Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow??". This forecasts whether we'll have an early spring or not. And if you want to see an adorable groundhog family, check out Chunk the Groundhog videos on YouTube. I saved a link to them on my phone to watch anytime I need a smile!

That's it for today! Come and join us at the Card Chain - sign up for February HERE by Feb 6th.

Thanks for stopping and have a crafty day!!


14 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautifully designed friendship card and you received a wonderful card in return too!

Dotty Jo said...

I am seriously swooning over your card each and every time I set down at my crafting table. Thanks so much for putting together a card that I'll treasure. And thanks for also being my elf this month (Pssst - it's time to pick some winners). I do appreciate your friendship and encouragement so much, Jo x

Gail said...

Great job with the color palette! I tend to overthink it, and then I have nothing!
Fabulous card!

Jean said...

Great job with the theme and colors! Happy February.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pop of color from the single bloom! Terrific card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely use of the colors and sketch Linda - wonderful texture with the canvas paper and enamel dots! love the big die cut FRIEND too! So happy you are enjoying my card and the little extras I sent! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

What great use of that sketch and those colours. A great friendship card. Perfect for Jo. Julias card is very impressive too xx

Arlene said...

Just lovely. I love the canvas background and cute flower. A beauty. Arlene

crafty-stamper said...

Great take on the themes and I love the distressing.Love the card from Julia too.
Carol x

papierelle said...

I love how you used the color palette. Beautiful card!!

Rosemary said...

Another fabulous use of the sketch and color combo, Linda!

JoAnn said...

Your card is so pretty Linda. Love the colors and design.

R's box of dreams said...

Stunning cards! Both the one you made and the one you received!

I really love the colors you used and the clean and elegant look of your card!

Hugs,
Renata

Greta said...

You made great use of the color combo for Jo's card!