Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, February 26, 2024

Anything Goes with Stencils

Happy Monday everyone! Darnell (djkardkreations) is doing Anything Goes for her IDEAS program this week. And Just Us Girls is doing Anything Goes with Stencils - Challenge #715. Talk about a match made in heaven, eh? Since I need Christmas cards for the stash, I've pulled out a never-before-used Taylored Expressions stencil set.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White;
Tim Holtz Kraft Classic
Stencils - Taylored Expressions Triple Slim Layering Stencil - Holly Holiday
Dies - Kat Scrappiness Mini Slimline Postage Stamp Edge
Stamps - Hero Arts Color Layering Poinsettia - sentiment
(retired at HA but found HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Other - black and white gel pens; Memento Tuxedo Black Ink;
TH Lost Shadow Distress Oxide ink; various Hero Arts inks

I bought the stencil set quite a while ago. As usual, it's taken ages for me to use it! Stenciling a 5.75 x 9.75" page yields three panels for mini-slimline cards. I went ahead and finished the birdie branch panel and have two more to finish later in the week. Here are some process photos, if you're interested:






Super easy to stencil, then I just die cut the finished panel three times using various mini-slim layer dies. Die cut the birdie panel with a postage edge die, then masked off the edges. Brushed some Lost Shadow DOI around the masked edges (there was some sky blue left on the brush from a previous project). Added a few details with gel pens. The finished card is 3.5 x 6". Taylored Expressions sells this size in white, toffee & black - side fold HERE & top fold HERE but I scored at 7 x 6" piece of Tim Holtz kraft cardstock. It comes in a bunch of luscious colors and has a kraft core so you can sand off the texture when embossed.

I'll also add this card to Darnell's February NBUS Challenge since my stencils are getting first play today. And, as luck would have it, the stenciled panel I used has a bird on a branch so it fits in the February Christmas Kickstart Challenge (Out on a Limb). That's my third and final entry there...

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty week!





14 comments:

Pia S said...

What an awesome stencil, bth because of the images you get but also because you can make 3 panels at once! And I do like the postage stamp look of your dies too.

Jean said...

Terrific stencil card - lovely colors!

Rosemary said...

Lovely Christmas card, Linda. The stenciling is so very pretty!

Loll said...

Awesome card Linda. What a great stencil to quickly create three beautiful cards. xx

Darnell said...

This triple stencil is special and you should be on commission, Linda, because you really sold it with your wonderful photos and your beautiful card! Just love that bird on the holly with the postage die! Thank you for supporting me with IDEAS and NBUS! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

A triple stencil, how fun! I do like that pretty little bird and that this is a mini slimline. Thanks for sharing this fabulous card with us at Jugs, Linda!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful card. What an awesome stencil.

Dawn T said...

Fabulous... getting three cards with one lot of stenciling is always a bonus! Love how you finished this one.

Bobby said...

You can make Christmas cards in a hurry with that fabulous triple stencil, Linda. I especially love the cardinal section and you finished off that card beautifully. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Cindy C. said...

How delightful!

HilaryJane said...

Three for the price of one. That is always worthwhile. The end result is just great. I think you could make many cards with this set xx

Cat Craig said...

Gorgeous card, Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

So lovely, and a great tutorial too! Thanks for joining Gail and me once more over at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Greta said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Thanks for the reminder about Christmas Kickstart. I thought of it as I made my DT card, but wasn't sure I'd have a chance to add it to the gallery after I woke up. You reminded me to do it!