Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Flowers at the Divas!

Hey everyone - ready for Christmas?? I think I am...

I'm posting inspiration over at Die Cut Divas today - we're doing flowers for our December Challenge. I first made a card using the amazing Layered Ornate Frame set by our sponsor, Altenew.


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Tim Holtz gold metallic;
Lawn Fawn Spiffier Speckles and Petite Watercolor Wishes;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 lb; scraps of green
Dies - Altenew Layered Ornate Frame
Stamps with Dies - Poppystamps Say It Big
Other - Park Lane rainbow gems; Hero Arts ink

 

Altenew has donated a generous $50 gift certificate for our December winner

(awarded by random draw from eligible December entries).

The frame set made it so quick and easy to create a card. I simple die cut the frame twice and layered for dimension and stability. Next I die cut the flowers and leaves and assembled. Stamped and die cut the sentiment - I wanted a jumbo one to fill the frame opening and Poppystamps came through for me. This one went to my cousin who landed in the hospital - no fun this close to the holidays but she's on the mend, thankfully!!

Next, I have a couple of bonus cards using the Build-a-Garden: Dear Dahlias bundle. Altenew generously sent me this bundle along with one of my orders - thanks so much!! Here's the first card I made with it:


I stamped and stenciled the image then die cut with the coordinating die. Added it to another Spiffier Speckles rectangle and glued to an A2 card. A printed sentiment strip from my bits box finished the card. My stenciling went a bit wonky in spots but I saved it by outlining the image with a grey Copic before die-cutting it. After layering it onto the peachy background, I really liked how this card turned out! Here's another, more successful stenciled Dear Dahlia along with a Hero Arts sentiment:


I'll add my first card to Darnell's December NBUS Challenge since the frame got first use here....

I recently bought one of the Altenew Stampwheels and hope to use it for my end-of-month Diva project... Until then, I'd love to see your flower project in our December Diva gallery

Thanks for stopping by!!



12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your pretty flowers are a welcome sight after the cold weather and snow we received the other day! Wonderful cards, Linda. I think the last one on the bright green base is my favorite. So fresh and lovely!

Michelle N. said...

I love the colors you used, especially for the sentiment. I would never have thought to have a sentiment on anything other than white-I'll expand my thinking on that now!

Jean said...

All three will bring smiles to the faces of the recipients! Lovely colors. That frame die set is particularly stunning!

Rosemary said...

You have showcased the Altenew products to perfection with these lovely cards, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

I am so ready for flowery cards, so these make me happy. Sweet.

Dawn T said...

fantastic cards Linda. Love them all. I'm a sucker for Altenew florals so these are my jam. Christmas Greeting to you Linda.

Trina P. said...

A terrific trio! Amazing dimension and fabulous designs.

HilaryJane said...

I always love flowers. Three gorgeous cards xx

Arlene said...

These cards are beauties!

Pia S said...

These are lovely flower cards. What I love About the first one is that you’ve made it with dies, which I personally feel make it easier color and coloring wise, being no expert of shading myself. I hope you’re having a wonderful Christmas time.

Cindy C. said...

Wow you've been productive, beautiful floral cards! Especially the first one!

Greta said...

Beautiful floral cards, Linda! The frame is beautiful & you're making me want those dahlias!