Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

A Nordic Snowman in Snow Globe

Hey there - since I'm  guest designing for the December Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #58, I thought I'd share another snow globe card. I'll add it to the DotMCC gallery just for inspiration & hope this inspires you to join in!!.


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders A2 card; Hero Arts Bermuda 
& Glitter Paper Basics; Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; 
Sunny Studio Holiday Cheer & All is Bright;
scrap of metallic from an old Target 6x6 pad
Dies - Poppystamps Sweet Nordic Snowman;
Hero Arts Snow Globe; Memory Box Pine Tree Grove;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Hot Foil Plate - Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words
Other - Copic Markers; snowflakes & presents from the bits box

When Poppystamps' Christmas release came out, I couldn't resist ordering some of the Nordic items. Hadn't used any of them yet, then I got a darling Christmas card from Lisa (My Paper Tales) using the Nordic Bear. She inspired me to break out one of the Nordic dies this week and I chose the snowman. Lisa put her bear in a snow globe so I thought I'd do the same for my snowman. Maybe she'll blog her card and link up at DotMCC!

I die cut the snowman and all the pieces in white, then colored with Copics. To match the BG Copics I used, I chose Bermuda cardstock to cut my pine grove. I cut the snowy tree pieces from white glitter paper. I die cut the snow globe from Neenah, the sky from Lawn Fawn, the snow from glitter & the base from metallic. The background papers were from Sunny Studio. I had a sentiment already foiled from back in February; I added a shadow die cut from Bermuda. Snowflakes (maybe Lawn Fawn) & presents (maybe MFT) from the bits box completed the scene.

Since my little snowman is newly used, I'm adding this card to Darnell's December NBUS Challenge. I'm also linking up to the December Poppy Challenge Cool Yule and to the Hero Arts December Stay Crafty with a Blog Named Hero where they're doing "Shiny". My snow globe base and snow definitely fit that theme!

Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!




15 comments:

Trina P. said...

I think snowpeople and snowglobes pair perfectly together. Super cool snowglobe shaker… the snowman is adorable.

Lisa Elton said...

All of those dies play so well together! This is adorable, Linda!

CinnamonSally said...

Wow such a cute card Linda, gorgeous snow globe!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - wonderful texture and dimension!

Dawn T said...

Congrats on your guest spot Linda. This is the most adorable card. Love it. Your little snowman is just so cute.

papierelle said...

Oh, I'm in love!!! Your card is so adorable and so cute!!!!

Rosemary said...

Another super cute snowman scene, Linda!

Rosmarie said...

Awww, how cute is this! I love that little snowman and the snowy landscape you created inside the snow globe! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful inspiration on DotMCC. Rosi
Dream Factory
DotMCC

Dotty Jo said...

Did you hear my jaw just hit the desk? What a stunner, Linda. Wow! Jo x

Greta said...

This is so cute--love all the elements! You've made me think I "need" a snowglobe die!

Jeanne H said...

Love your globe with the snowman. Now you have inspired me to use my globe die too. Merry Christmas and a hug to you.

Jeanne J. said...

Wow wow wow! SO beautiful!

Tricia Barber said...

This is just so adorable! Love it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful snowman card! I love the globe and the gorgeous blue tones.

Rachel Duong said...

Love this snowman card and the shades of blue. The globe is awesome!