Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Guest Designing at Day of the Month Card Club!

Hi all - I'm excited to be the Guest Designer for the December Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #58 where the team is celebrating Day of the Snow Globe! My fairy card was declared winner for Challenge #56 affording me the guest slot this month - yay!!


Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Tim Holtz kraft metallic;
Lawn Fawn Petite Spiffier Speckles; Hero Arts white glitter cardstock
Moda Scrap Forever Green; acetate
Dies - Lawn Fawn Build-a-Snow Globe;
Stamps with dies - Lawn Fawn Seasons Tweetings (Stamptember 2020)
Other - sentiment from an old Simon Says Stamp kit;
shaker mix from an old Hero Arts kit; Copic Markers

First I made the snow globe shaker:
  • Die cut the back layer once from white & once from acetate
  • Die cut the top layer 8 times from white
  • Die cut the globe portion of the top once from lavender Spiffier Speckles & twice from white glitter cardstock; use the interior portion that otherwise would be scrap
  • Die cut the base portion of the top once from dark red; trim to fit & die cut snowflake detail into it
  • Die cut the base trim from gold metallic
  • Die cut shaker elements from white
  • Using the snowbank die, trim the white glitter pieces to form hills
  • Adhere one front piece to one back piece, then inlay the sky and hills into the globe portion
  • Die cut trees (large and small) & trucks twice and cardinal once; Assemble & add to scene.
  • Stamp, cut and color the caroling birdie & add to scene
  • Stamp and fussy cut fa-la-la banner and glue to trees
  • Adhere acetate base piece behind one top piece, then adhere a second top piece behind it to make an acetate sandwich
  • Glue the other top pieces into a stack and adhere to the white base piece that already has a top piece with the scene inlaid
  • Add shaker mix to the open globe section & adhere the acetate sandwich on top
  • Glue the dark red base piece & the gold trim onto the base
Next I die cut a stitched rectangle from white Spiffier Speckles paper & covered the bottom with a piece cut from the Moda Scrap paper. Glued this to the A2 card and added the snow globe and a fussy cut sentiment - done! My card is very similar to cards you can find, along with Kelly Marie's great video tutorial, on the Lawn Fawn product page linked above.

Due to the thickness of the snow globe, this card would be better hand-delivered or on a package. The shaker gems I used have some dimension - I would've been smart to add another top piece to my shaker stack. You can see some gems stuck sideways in there; couldn't get them unstuck for the life of me - oh well...

Many thanks to Rosi, Gundi & Izzy for inviting me to guest design this month!! Despite having many snow globe stamp and die sets, I bought the Lawn Fawn Build-A-Snow Globe set just for the occasion (as if I needed an excuse).

Thanks for stopping and I hope you'll check out the December Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #58!! We'd love to see your snow globe projects!!


10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Congratulations on your guest spot. And what a great card. So special Linda

Gail said...

Congratulations!
What a cute snow globe!

papierelle said...

So cute and a really lovely idea. Thank you so much for being our guest designer these month.

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats on guesting, Linda! You've created a fun and festive snow globe! Love the cutie little bird tucked inside!

Rosmarie said...

A very festive card! Love that darling little scene you've put in your snow globe! Thank you so much for being our guest designer at DotMCC this month! Rosi x

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable! The shaker element of the card is a delight!

HilaryJane said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot. I am glad you had appropriate dies to make you globe. It is amazing. I envy the person that gets this one hand delivered xx

Rosemary said...

Congrats on your guest designer spot, Linda. The scene in your snow globe is just adorable!

Greta said...

Congratulations! I adore this darling snow globe!

Trina P. said...

Oh so cute and cozy. Congratulations on GD. 👏🎉🎉🎉