Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, December 8, 2023

Celeste Snowflake bonanza

Hi all - I'm here with a quick post since, as one friend (who shall remain nameless) put it - I'm in "panic making mode". I started addressing and mailing out my stash of Christmas cards made this year, beginning with those going the furthest distances. Got the overseas ones out before Thanksgiving; I was so proud. As I continued addressing, the pile dwindled alarmingly so I counted. Discovered I needed 25 more cards - yikes!! That started the panic mode so on Wednesday I made 7 cards of a similar design, starting with this one:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card;
Park Lane pink; Recollections silver glitter; Neenah White
Dies - Taylored Expressions Sweater Weather coverplate (retired);
Memory Box Celeste Snowflake (retired, 
but still available HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Other - Taylored Expressions sentiment strip; foam tape

I took advantage of some Black Friday sales both online and locally. My Birch Press Design order arrived earlier this week and Dave popped in some retired MB products, including the snowflake, as a gift. Christmas came early -yay - and, of course, I had to use the die right away! I cut the outline from white and the snowflake from glitter paper. Layered & added it to a cover plate diecut sitting on the table, then adhered to an A2 card. Popped a sentiment strip in the center with foam tape. Very quick and easy! The coverplate is a fiddly one with all the bits to poke out but this had been done weeks ago so I just grabbed and used.

Next I cut a variety of stitched rectangles & snowflakes, then used various sentiments from my stash or die cut to match (as in JOY from Kat Scrappiness & some sweet sentiments from Colorado Craft Company). Most of the patterned papers were from Sunny Studio or Authentique.



I'm linking up to the December Christmas Kickstart Challenge (If It's Christmassy - Link it Up!) and Darnell's December NBUS Challenge since my Celeste Snowflake is newly used.

Sorry if I haven't visited your blog lately - I'll have to play catch up soon! Thanks for stopping by & hope you have a crafty day! I'm off to make more Christmas cards - see you when I come up for air!!



11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

And I'm sitting looking at the beautiful card you sent me right now! I'm still writing and addressing prior to mailing... I was planning to get myself really ahead this year, but have failed yet again! Lovely makes, Linda, and great colour combos too. Thanks for linking up at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

Oh no 25 short is definitely cause for panic, but you recent purchases are coming to the rescue perfectly. I always find die cuts are the quickest way to make things. Love those backgrounds and the snowflakes. The snowglobe was an opportune gift too. Lucky you xx

Jean said...

These are all simply fantastic! Necessity is the mother of invention and crafty card ideas! :-)

Lisa Elton said...

These are festive and fun, Linda! Keep calm and craft on, you'll knock that 25 out in no time!

Dawn T said...

What stunning cards Linda.... Like Jo I have already received the most stunning card from you. Thank you so much. That snowflake is so pretty.

Rosemary said...

Wow, you have a lot of cards to send out, Linda. Glad you were able to knock out a few more with that pretty snowflake die. All of them are wonderful and sure to delight their recipients.

Greta said...

You made great use of the snowflake with so many cards! Love that each is a little different & all are beautiful!

papierelle said...

Now I had to laugh, I've felt that way before. Totally convinced that I had made all the Christmas cards, but in the end some were missing. But quick cards are always very nice and, above all, you can design them very individually. The snowflake is a great highlight of every card.

CinnamonSally said...

Gosh you sound like me Linda, I have been in panic mode too as I mleft my Christmas card making so late this year. You have certainly done well now, love all your snowflake cards.

Trina P. said...

Great collection! I’m heading into panic mode too. 😱

Darnell said...

You are calm under pressure, Linda, and your batch-made snowflake cards are all gorgeous! Great use of Christmassy pp, too, so well done all around! It's nice to have no more panic and to relax and enjoy the rest of the holiday before we start all over again for 2024! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell