Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, November 12, 2023

Leafy Thanksgiving

Happy Sunday - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I'm way behind on making Thanksgiving cards (hadn't started yet). Then Just Us Girls announced Challenge #705 yesterday with a word prompt of Thanks or Thanksgiving. Yay - inspiration to get started & I came up with a card using a new-to-me Poppystamps frame. It's a fall 2022 release that I recently ordered at a deep discount from Poppystamps along with some new Christmas items. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Antique Ivory;
various scraps of green, orange, red & brown
Dies - Poppy Stamps Harvest Oval Frame &
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Autumn Bounty Stamp & Cut
(retired but I saw one left HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Other - Park Lane gems; foam tape; Copic Markers;
Hero Arts sprays - orange, red & yellow

I die cut the frame in ivory then spritzed it with 3 different sprays. After drying it with a heat tool, I sponged Gathered Twigs DOI around the edges & around the center oval (which cuts with the frame) & the card base. Die cut leaves and acorns from scraps; stamped, die cut & colored corn. Stamped Thanksgiving on the oval and added a die cut happy. Arranged everything and adhered with glue or foam tape. A few gold gems - done!

I'll also add this card to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge since my frame (and leaves) got first play today.

Thanks for visiting & have a crafty day.



11 comments:

Arlene said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love the way you've treated those leaves and frame.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the fall cluster you added to the pretty frame, Linda! So happy to spot your lovely card in the JUGs gallery!

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Linda! what a gorgeous leaf oval frame - beautiful spritzing of colors on them; making them look just like fall leaves! Pretty cluster of corn and leaves on the side as well! Julia xx

Carol said...

That leafy frame is gorgeous! The other elements add perfectly to the theme and you ended up with a great Thanksgiving card! So glad you decided to play along with us at Just Us Girls!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Such a pretty card. Love the autumn colours.

papierelle said...

You colored the frame perfectly, I'm thrilled!!!

Cat Craig said...

ITs a stunner, Linda. Lovely frame and card.

Rosemary said...

lovely thanksgiving card, linda. the leafy frame is so pretty!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

That leafy oval frame is gorgeous! Beautiful effect achieved with the sprays for this perfect Thanksgiving card. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Jean said...

The sprayed frame is a wonderful backdrop for the other elements.

Greta said...

Oh what a gorgeous frame with the mists!