Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Thanksgiving Birthday

Hey everyone - welcome! I'm sharing a birthday card with a Thanksgiving vibe today. A dear friend from my first job out of college was born on Thanksgiving. Of course, with the celebration date varying, it doesn't always fall on Thanksgiving. I still give Dixie's card a fall harvest theme wherever her bday lands:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Antique Ivory A2 card;
Momenta Gemstones 8x8 pad;
various scraps for leaves, acorns & pumpkin
Dies - My Favorite Things Letterboard, Frame Builder
Stamps - Hero Arts Happy Thanksgiving (c2008 retired)
Other - HA Orange Two-tone spray; Copic markers, foam tape

I was excited to pick up the new MFT Letterboard set from their Sept 2023 release. Love, love, love it!! Thought it would make a perfect personalized card for a bday. Since those dies are newly used today, I'll add my card to Darnell's November NBUS Challenge.

Fun card to make - just die cut pieces and assemble. Also stamped, colored & fussy cut the HA pumpkin. The frame top layer was cut from the same paper as the letterboard but I stacked it with 3 cut from heavyweight kraft cardstock. So....my frame mitering isn't perfect but, hey, it's handmade! And aren't those little letters just the cutest?!

Thanks for visiting and I wish all my US friends celebrating tomorrow "Happy Thanksgiving"! We'll be too full of turkey and pumpkin pie to craft but happy crafting to the rest of you!!


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous fall birthday. I too have 2 friends who sometimes have Thanksgiving Birthdays.

Jean said...

This is fun - that frame and letterboard are a terrific background for a birthday card. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely fall birthday card! I like the way your framed it!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. Such a lovely card.

HilaryJane said...

Love the look of this one. It does indeed look like a really useful alphabet set xx

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous card Linda!

Rosemary said...

Fun fall theme birthday card for your friend, Linda!

papierelle said...

Your card looks like a picture frame, amazing!!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful fall birthday card. Love the neutral background with the pop of rich autumn colours. Personalizing it made it even more special.

Greta said...

Sweet card & beautiful coloring!