Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 29, 2024

Stenciled English Garden Birthday Card

Happy Monday everyone! I'm playing along with Darnell's IDEAS program where S is for Stencil this week (see her gorgeous inspiration HERE at djkardkreations). 


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card;
Neenah white; Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps w/Die & Stencils - Pinkfresh Studio English Garden
 (retired but found at Frantic Stamper - stamps, die (limited availability; no stencils)
Hot Foil Plate with Die - Spellbinders All You Need Sentiments
Other - embossed panel from a friend;
Hero Arts & Memento inks; Hero Arts enamel dots;
Spellbinders Betterpress Black ink

When I visited my fave local craft store earlier this month, I found all their in stock stencils 20% off. This prompted me to invest in a Pinkfresh Studio set that I've admired for a long while. Sadly, it's retired at Pinkfresh but my local store had all the coordinating products. I was enabled by Lisa (My Paper Tales) who sent me some English Garden washi cuts last year - see the card I made with them HERE.

Simply stamped, stenciled & die cut the pieces. The embossed background came from my friend Greta (GG Creations) along with a Card Chain card back in May. Thanks again, Greta! Arranged everything on the card with foam tape & added a sentiment - quick and easy! The sentiment is another hot foil plate that I Betterpressed - so fun to be able to use those plates more than one way (although I have yet to hot foil it...).

Here's a process photo including the inks I used; the sixth step of the stencils is still over the paper. I found my large MISTI perfect for both stamping and stenciling this large stamp. The single die cuts out all the individual pieces which is such a time saver.


I'll send my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64 since my English Garden stuff is newly used. I'm also playing at Just Us Girls #737 Stencil Week and at Tic Tac Toe Challenge #252 (third of 3 max) where my friend Betty has set the board. Once again I've used the center vertical column - Die Cuts/Free/Any Sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!!





13 comments:

Betty said...

love your card Linda - and you have nearly all the elements from my board in your card!! so pleased you entered it in TicTacToe this week!

Jean said...

An absolutely beautiful creation - really appreciate the Step 6 photo!

Lisa Elton said...

Happy to enable you Linda, LOL! Great purchase, your card is lovely. Greta is always so sweet to include those embossed panels with her cards!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Linda. The Pink Fresh dies and stencils are just awesome. Love this one.

papierelle said...

It's great that you let us participate in the creation of the card and the result is beautiful.

Carol said...

Such a nice card Linda! What a pretty stenciled wreath of flowers!!! I need to see if my favorite stores might still have it!

HilaryJane said...

This is so pretty and I am glad you have been able to incorporate some of those little gifts too. Thanks for sharing your process. That's always helpful xx

ElizStewart said...

Linda... Love this Pinkfresh stencil! I have the washi tape but this stencil is just beautiful. Love your layout. Thanks so much for joining and sharing your creativity with us at Just Us Girls this week!

Cat Craig said...

fabulous card, love the stencil pink fresh has such great flower stuff.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful stenciled wreath Linda. Glad you were able to find the stencil and coordinating sets at you local craft store as you put them to good use. Love the colors and embossed background. Congrats on being an Honorable Mention on JUGS Stencil Week challenge.

Greta said...

What beautiful products and how great you found them at your store! I've had trouble with one piece dies, but looks like yours came out great! So glad the embossed panel was useful!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Lovely, Linda great take on this weeks board middle row down. Thank you for playing along with us this week at Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Love the embossing in the background. It really sets of the beautiful floral wreath!