Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Stitched Ornaments Frame

Hey friends - welcome! I had some time last night & this morning to craft. I wanted to participate in Darnell's IDEAS program (see her gorgeous inspiration cards HERE). This week D is for Dies - always can find dies to use around here!! Also wanted to make another a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #88 - Festive Frames. I combined the two by using a Christmas themed stitching die from Spellbinders:



Supplies:
 Paper - Paper Studio A2 cards (green, pink, red); 
Park Lane gold A2 card; Hero Arts Bermuda
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Holiday Ornaments 
Stamp & Cut (retired)
 Stitching Dies - Spellbinders I'll Be Home for Christmas 
(DOMST-Oct23)
Other - Hero Arts Ultra Pink ink; DMC floss

I mentioned before that I've been doing some crafty organization and trying to use stuff from various subscriptions. Yesterday I pulled out a stitching set from last fall - first time used (9 months, not bad). Die cut the cover plate 4 times from A2 panels trimmed off card bases - green, red, Bermuda, & pink. On the green one, I also die cut out where the stitched tree could go. This is my "frame". I adhered it to a gold A2 card. Die cut one of the sentiments from the set and added to the designated spot on the card. When you die cut the coverplate, the sentiment area lightly embosses.

Next I stitched various ornaments and added them to the card along with die cut ones that don't require stitching. Die cut and added the ornament toppers. What to put in the "frame"?? Decided to stamp and die cut a 2015 Hero Arts ornament. Added to the tree opening with foam, then used gems for the hanger. I'll add my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64 since the stitching set is getting first play here.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!!





12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

I do love Christmas ornaments and these ones have stitching too. Even better. A gorgeous card xx

Jean said...

Send some of that crafty organization my way! Wonderful holiday card with lots of texture and color!

Rosemary said...

Lovely stitched Christmas card, Linda!

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the stitching, this is lovely!

Darnell said...

This is another card that is a gift unto itself, Linda! It's one to be treasured with all the talent and work that went into it and it's bound to end up in someone's year-after-year table-top decorations! Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S.📌 this week and for all your links to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Lovely card. Love the stitched ornaments around the tree space.

papierelle said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous. I love your color choice, so nice!!

Arlene said...

WOW, lots of love and creativity went into this one. Love it.

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is such fun and so very festive.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, fun! Another festively framed card for our Christmas Kickstart Challenge! Really cute supplies you have in your stash. I'm feeling more inspired with each crafty creation I see. Again, thank you so much for sharing with us!

Dotty Jo said...

What a beauty, and what a clever way to play the challenges. This is lovely and so inventive. Thanks for joining Leslie and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Greta said...

What a lovely card!