Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Final Day for July 2024 Die Cut Diva Challenge!!

Welcome everyone - I'm posting card one below with the end-of-month team at Die Cut Divas today, then a bonus follows only here. You have until 9pm Pacific Time to link a project to our July Diva Challenge where we're Adding Glitter!! 


Supplies: Paper - Authentique Patterned;
Paper Studio A2 card and glitter paper; scraps
Stamps with dies - Scrappy Tails Flower Shop (Dies HERE)
Dies - Scrappy Tails Stitched Daisy Blooms;
Other - Hero Art enamel dots; Copic Markers; foam tape

Our wonderful sponsor this month is Scrappy Tails which I'm just getting to know. As I mentioned in my earlier July Diva post, I had placed an order for a flower die bundle and a glimmer plate - all products were fab! Scrappy Tails has generously donated a $25 gift card to their store which we'll award to our random winner on 8/3/24.


Teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) had stamped & die cut the Flower Shop bits for me (Thanks Arlene!!). I colored them with Copics. Next I die cut a rectangle to represent a little house; added it to an A2 card with a strip of silver for the sidewalk. Added a little roof to the "house" and then popped the window (backed with some vellum and yellow paper for a light effect) on with foam tape. Added the bicyclist and a flower that reminded me of a sun. Gave the bike wheels some enamel dots. Done!

Now for a bonus:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card & glitter cardstock; 
Hero Arts black; Lawn Fawn patterned (freebie with order)
Dies - Scrappy Tails Bloom Trio Bundle;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - white gel pen

Each set from the Bloom Trio Bundle (Retro Birthday Blooms, Stitched Daisy Blooms, and I Love You Mom Blooms) includes a butterfly die so I cut one from each. I stacked a couple of the Thanks (included in the daisy set) for dimension & added some white dot details - quick and easy!

Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you in our July Diva gallery using some die cuts (or embossing folders) and glitter!! Remember: link up by 9pm Pacific Time today.


8 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Both cards are superb.

HilaryJane said...

Love the detail on your cyclist and great colouring too. It has a lovely warm summery feel to it. Your simple die cut butterflies make a great card too xx

Jean said...

Two wonderful summery cards! Goodbye July, hello August!

Cat Craig said...

Ahhh the middle summer days. The bike card is sweet and your thank you is darling.

Lisa Elton said...

What a sweet scene you've created, Linda! I like the little pup in the basket. Two delightful cards!

Arlene said...

I love that sun and the girl on the bike. I do love the pink colors and flower baskets on front and back. You were able to trick me eyes into seeing an entire house there.

Such a really sweet Thank You card. Using all three butterflies was perfect.

Greta said...

Love the sweet scene you created, Linda! The butterfly card is lovely, too!

Rosemary said...

Great set of cards, Linda. The scene you created on the first card is just so charming and who doesn't love a set of pretty butterflies?