Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Snowman Stamps

Hey there, friends! I'm back with a second card for the current Day of the Month Card Club Challenge #65 where they're celebrating postage stamps. I'm also playing along with Darnell who's doing Embossing for her IDEAS plan (3rd week of the month). You can see her gorgeous inspiration cards HERE.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White;
Paper Studio A2 card; scrap of black
Stamps - Waffle Flower Postage Collage North Pole
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage &
Stencils - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Snowman
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Hexi Snowflake (EOM-Jul24)
Other - Hero Arts inks; foam tape

I stenciled the 2-step design onto Neenah using two shades of blue ink, plus black and orange for details. Next I die cut the stenciled panel with the collage die. I trimmed off two of the stamps and kept 4 in a block. Stamped a couple of snowflakes with the darker blue ink.

Die cut the banner from a black scrap. Embossed the A2 card with snowflakes., then ran the darker blue ink pad over the raised bits. Adhered the block of 4 stamps to the embossed card base, then added a fifth stamp popped up with foam. Adhered the sentiment - done! Again, I could have done some shading and detailing on the snowman but I went for quick and easy.

Another case of using new stuff quickly (just got new Waffleflower in the mail on Saturday & the Spellbinders on Monday), so I'm very proud of myself!! I'll add my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge since the snowman stencil set & the embossing folder got first play today.

Thanks for stopping by & have a wonderful day!! I'll probably be back tomorrow using the final new postage collage stencil in the WF bundle...




11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Awww, I like all those happy little snowmen! This is extra cute, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Linda. The postage collage stencils are awesome. This one is perfect!

Lin said...

These soft blues and those cute snowmen leave me feeling cooler just looking at it, Linda! Love the banner sentiment, too!

Viv said...

This is really cute Linda! A great layout and the embossed background is perfect for those lovely snowmen!

Jean said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love that embossing folder with these snowmen.

Rosemary said...

Super cute holiday card, Linda. The snowman are adorable!

HilaryJane said...

Those snowmen make brilliant stamps. Love it. Great embossed background too xx

Cat Craig said...

Just loving those snowmen. SO darned cute.

Greta said...

Fun card and I love the embossing folder!

papierelle said...

I'm in love with this card. A nice idea with the little stamp. Thank you for showing at DotMCC. Gundi

Arlene said...

Fantastic and I love the way you used that small postage stamp over the snowflake, kind of winking at us. That embossing folder adds great depth. I just got my snowman stencil.