Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, July 4, 2024

Penguins in Festive Frame

Hi everyone - Happy 4th if you're celebrating! Rainy & gloomy here - parades and fireworks canceled - what to do?? Craft!! Decided to make a card for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #88 - Festive Frames.


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; 
Basic Grey 25th and Pine (retired);
My Favorite Things Christmas Cheer (retired)
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps with Dies - Spellbinders Festive Penguins (CSOM-Oct23)
Hot Foil Plates with Dies - Spellbinders All You Need Sentiments (GOM-Nov23)
Dies - Penny Black Red and Greens;
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts honey lacquer (on star & ornament)

I've been doing some crafty organization and trying to use stuff from various subscriptions. Today I showed some love to a Spellbinders stamp and die set from last year - first time used (9 months, not bad). Die cut a bunch of negative for the penguin and stamped them. Colored this one while watching Price is Right - lol. Die cut a bunch of frames and stacked for dimension. Covered an A2 card with Basic Grey patterned paper, added the frame with an inlay of MFT dots for interior, then the penguins. I had the holly berry sprig already cut in the bits box so quickly colored it to match my project. Assembled and added a letterpressed sentiment made with a hot foil plate.

I can't seem to get enough of letterpressing with hot foil plates. Here's a bonus:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card; scrap of black;
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Hot Foil Plates with Dies - Tropical Bloom (GOM-May24)
Stencils - Hero Arts Script
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - colored pencils; foam tape; Betterpress Black ink;
TH Antique Linen Distress Ink; Hero Arts enamel dots

I took another unused plate from my Spellbinders box, pressed it and colored with pencils. Did some inking around the edges and soft stenciling on the left. Pressed a sentiment from the same hot foil set & die cut with the coordinating die, then added a shadow. Assembled on an A2 card - done! I was a little quicker on using this set - lol; will add my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!



10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Popped across from NBUS to admire your entry but your penguin card is adorable too!

Kathyk

Dawn T said...

So pretty Linda. I've never tried doing letterpress with foil plates. I don't have a Betterpress... I'll have to try it with my Go Press and Foil machine.

Jean said...

Absolutely wonderful - both cards are a delight!

Trina P. said...

Your penguin stack Christmas card is oh so fun and adorable!

JoAnn said...

Oh Linda, your penguin card is adorable. Love your coloring and design. I have those cute penguins but have not used them yet, Thanks for the inspiration - I need to get busy on my Christmas cards. :)

Betty said...

Ahh - my favorite - penguins - darling card!!:-)

Rosemary said...

What a bummer the 4th of July celebrations were cancelled in your area, Linda! But it looks like you took full advantage of that time to create some wondeful cards. The penguins on the first card as so cute. That big bloom on the second card is gorgeous!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely cards, Linda! I love your cute stacking penguins - adorable. Thanks for joining Leslie and me at Christmas Kickstart, and I'm sorry to hear July 4th was a wash-out on the weather front, Jo x

papierelle said...

This is another particularly beautiful and funny card. I like the design and of course the funny penguins.

Greta said...

Darling first card and what a beautiful flower!