Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

June 2024 Card Chain Reveal

Hi crafty friends - summer is speeding by, isn't it?! It's already time to reveal cards we sent around the world for the June Card Chain Challenge. Twenty-six people participated this month. My card went to dear Mia (Craftartista) in Greece; you can see the full reveal HERE.


Supplies: Paper - Ms Sparkle A2 cards - sand & turquoise; 
Neenah white; Poptone kraft; unk navy; Authentique
Stamps - Waffle Flower Sweet Plates Sentiments
Hero Arts Oceans of Joy (c2010 retired) 
Dies - Spellbinders Essential Floral Reflection;
Other - foam tape; Ranger Seafoam embossing powder;
Papercraft gems; Darice googly eye

We had the following options when creating our cards:

Color Palette Option:

Sketch Option:


Theme Options: Summer / Maritime / Friendship

Product / Technique Options:  Foil / Weaving

I used the colors & sketch, plus themes of Maritime & friendship. I started with a sand A2 card, then die cut both white & turquoise rectangles. I tore the turquoise into pieces, stamped shells on three of them, then added to the white rectangle. Added the panel to the A2 card along with a Spellbinder label cut in half. I die cut two smaller labels and layered them for the sentiment (stamped and white embossed). Added the sentiment & a die cut seahorse to the card with foam tape. Embellished the seahorse with sparkle lacquer, gave him a googly eye & added turquoise gems to finish the card.

The post is notoriously slow to Greece so as soon as I signed up & made the card, I popped it into the mail. I was delighted that it reached Mia timely!!

I'm expecting a card by Daja (Zur Beruhigung "For Calming" in English) from Germany. Looking forward to receiving it!!

I will insert a photo when it arrives....

Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like to join the July Chain, go HERE for details and to link up.


10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great take on the sketch-which threw me tbh lol. Love the Maritime theme(popular this time) and cute litle seahorse.
Carol x

papierelle said...

The seahorse is so cute and your card design adorable.

Mia said...

I am very happy, Linda, that I received your beautiful card in time. Thank you so much. I really love it. Great colors and layout, and I love the sentiment and that small seahorse. I wish you a fabulous day. Big hugs from Greece.

Diana Moriel said...

What a beautiful card! I love the cute seahorse and the background!

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful card using that sketch Linda! What a sweet little seahorse swimming around your strips of seashells! Julia xx

Dotty Jo said...

I always love how you play the CCC themes, Linda. This is gorgeous, and I love the sea horse die. Thanks for joining the fun at CCC again, Jo x

Jean said...

Wonderful take on your various design options!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous beachy take on the sketch, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous card Linda. Love how you managed to follow all the prompts! Well done.

Lisa Elton said...

That little seahorse is too cute! This is a delightful card, Linda!