Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Warm Wishes House for Craft Roulette

Hi everyone - sorry I've been missing for a few days! I went to my high school reunion and had a wonderful weekend of activities! Back home now & had to catch up on Craft Roulette, watching Episode #223 on replay. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Sunny Studio Polka Dot Parade;
Paper Studio Red A2 cards (both cut down);
Neenah Solar White
Stamps - Hero Arts Wishes Come True (retired)
Dies - Hero Arts Square Infinity Dies
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts sparkle lacquer 

Mary Gunn FUNN had Tracy Fear (@Not Afraid of Color) as her guest. Tracy enjoys mixed media and has been making cards for a while (has about 66 CR cards in her gallery). The wheel spun some interesting parameters for this week:


Project: Smaller/Larger - I thought it would be fun to do a square card that had a smaller square card on the front. I cut one A2 card to 4.25x4.25" & one to 3x3".
Colors: Planets - I googled and found this YouTube video describing the colors of our solar system's plantets. I'm sure you could find other solar systems with an even larger color range! I went with grey for Mercury, red for Mars, blue & green for Earth, yellow from among Jupiter's colors.
Element: House(s) - I pulled out an old Hero Arts stamp set from 2010 which contains a little house, among other images.
Random: White Border - I put a white border around the patterned paper atop the larger square card and echoed it on the smaller card.

Stamped the house image and colored with Copics; cut into a square and layered with blue and then the white border & onto a 3x3" card. Cut a second A2 card to 4.25x4.25" and added a white border to the patterned square. Assembled and added sparkle to the snow. Done, except to stamp the insides of both cards...

I had to laugh - while watching the replay, I just went to the parameters & paused it while I made my card. When I watched the rest, I saw that Mary had the same idea - a small card atop a larger one. Funny how great minds think alike!

That's it for today, friends! I hope to get around to commenting on everyone's projects from this past weekend. Thanks for stopping and happy crafting!!

10 comments:

Dawn T said...

Gorgeous Linda. Love your small/large parameter. I'm still contemplating what to do!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute cozy little cottage! Darling card... you had me with the polka dots!

Trina P. said...

Nailed it again! This is adorable. Great idea to frame the little house with the small/large squares.

Cat Craig said...

It is a perfect design, Linda. Glad you enjoyed your reunion.

HilaryJane said...

You go away for the weekend and still you manage to play. Well done. Love the card. Your layering works brilliantly xx

Jean said...

Wonderful papers to showcase your decorated house.

Cindy C. said...

So cute!

papierelle said...

Simply brilliantly done!!

Rosemary said...

Your excellent take on the challenge parameters resulted in a wonderful Christmas card, Linda!

Greta said...

How great you enjoyed the reunion. Love this cute card!