Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Poinsettia Collage

Hello & welcome! I'm popping in with a quick post for a couple of challenges. The current Color Hues Challenge #91 features Red & Green - perfect for Christmas cards which I desperately need. For the current Day of the Month Card Club #65, they're celebrating postage stamps. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White;
Paper Studio A2 card; scraps of red & black
Dies - Waffle Flower Postage Collage &
Stencils - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Poinsettia
Other - Hero Arts red and green inks;
Park Lane gems

I stenciled the 4-step design onto Neenah. My Fiesta Red ink reads pinkish in the photo but it is red! I applied it lightly for the contrast with the medium red (unk name - from an old MMH kit). I used Red Royal for the flower centers but then covered most of it up with gems! Greens were Key Lime, another no-name one from an MMH kit, and Green Hills. Next I die cut the stenciled panel with the collage die (b4 adding the gems!). Adhered to A2 card. Die cut the banner from red and black scraps and layered for a shadow effect. Added to the card - done! 

You often see the collage in landscape but I chose to orient it as a portrait so my sentiment banner would stretch across the card. I could have/should have added some detail to the poinsettias but for this quick and easy card, I kept it simple. Oops - also meant to stamp some of the cancellation marks from the new WF Postage Collage North Pole Stamp Set - oh well.... 

I had placed a pre-order with Waffle Flower and just got the new Christmas bundle in the mail on Saturday - proud to use new stuff so quickly!! I'll add my card to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge since the poinsettia stencil set & banner die got first play today.

Thanks for stopping by & happy crafting!!




13 comments:

Jean said...

A lovely take on the theme and your creation nicely showcases the products!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty stenciling, Linda! This is a wonderful card!

Dawn T said...

Just fabulous Linda. I'm hoping that this stencil will be a the Craft Fair I'm off to on Friday. I just love it! And your card is stunning.

JulieP said...

Beautifully done Linda!! I'm late to the party but hoping to jump onto the postage stamp fun myself. Great idea to flip the orientation. Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!

Pia S said...

Such a beautiful stencilled poinsettia card and I like the die cut sentiment border.

HilaryJane said...

What a great card, love those colours and well done for getting your new supplies used so quickly xx

Rosemary said...

The poinsettia stencils are absolutely perfect for the challenge, Linda. Love your delightful Christmas card!

Cat Craig said...

I just love these sets, so stinking cute.

Greta said...

So pretty!

papierelle said...

Wonderful designed and the sentiment is the special eyecatcher. I'm very happy to see you at DotMCC again. Gundi

Nancy said...

I love this so much, Linda! I have just recently jumped on this train and love it so. Your card is perfect for our colors at Color Hues. So happy you joined us!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love the postage design and your take with the colors! Thank you for playing along with us over at Color Hues Color Challenge!

Arlene said...

Well done. I may copy... Arlene, Guest designer for the Day of the Month Card Club