Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Monday, July 1, 2024

Many Thanks Lemons

Happy Monday everyone! Time to play with Darnell (djkardkreations) and her IDEAS program; see her fabulous inspiration HERE. This week I=inks but, since last month didn't have an S week, I also pulled out a stencil and blended away. Here's my card:


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White:
Paper Studio pastel A2 card; Poptone Black
Stamps - Momenta Lemons (retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Stencil - Frantic Stamper Old Brick Wall
Other - Copic Markers; Park Lane gems; black gel pen
Hero Arts Sand Stone & Key Lime Fizz inks

I die cut a piece of Neenah with a stitched rectangle & stamped the lemon branch. Rotated the panel and stamped a second one, then a sentiment from the same set. Colored the lemon branches with Copics. Stenciled some partial brick in opposite corners (I was inspired by someone's card from a while back but can't find it - sorry). Matted the panel in black and added to a yellow A2 card. Some lemon yellow gems finished the card. My sentiment looked blah just stamped; tried shading it with a grey Copic - still blah. Then I added some black dots and lines, echoing the dots on the lemons - much better (in my mind). What do you think?

On Saturday my former quartet lead singer Heidi had a birthday. She and her boyfriend hosted a small dinner party to celebrate; I was delighted to attend. For dessert Heidi (we call her "Martha Stewart") served a luscious lemon triffle. That inspired my thank you card. I got the lemon stamp set on clearance at Hobby Lobby ages ago - only $2.24!! Crazy!! It got first play with this card so I'll add it to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64. I'll also link my card to Just Us Girls Challenge #733 where Anything Goes with Stencils & to Inkspirational Challenge #319 where they're using stencils too (with option of paste).

Thanks for stopping by!





8 comments:

Carol said...

Beautiful!! The brick wall behind the pretty lemons reminds me of my childhood neighbor's lemon tree whose branches overhung our wall in the back yard. They told us we could pick anything that was hanging into our yard. I thought that was so cool. Can you believe that I got all of that from your card? It is a striking design! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!!

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Linda. Love the way the brick stencils looks on the card.

papierelle said...

I love lemons and use them very often. And I love your card!!

Darnell said...

This is a design I would be pinning to my old ideas board to CASE, Linda! I have several languishing fruit stamps and I appreciate how fabulous your lemons look against the stenciled wall background!📌 Thank you for playing with my I.D.E.A.S. and being first in line to inspire everyone to use their NBUS!

Thank you, too, for the beautiful purple flowers you sent for my birthday and for the sweet die-cuts, too! Happy Fourth! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Your partially stenciled brick wall is the perfect background for your beautifully colored lemons Linda! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Stencils! Julia xx

Jean said...

The stenciled background is lovely with the lemon focal items. And yay for a birthday dinner party with lemon trifle - how fun!

Rosemary said...

Fabulous card, Linda. The partial stenciled background is wonderful and the lemons are perfectly colored!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you shared this scrumptious summery card with us at JUGs! So pretty, Linda!