Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Snowflake Box

Hi friends! Last day of June already - Summer is going by too fast!!

I'm part of a last day post at Die Cut Divas; we're sharing final hours of inspiration for our June Challenge. We've been using our favorite die cuts this month; I hope you can get a quick project in to join us! You have until 9pm Pacific Time to link up. 

Here's my project for today (a bonus follows):


Supplies: Paper - Core'dinations plaid; Neenah Solar White; 
Poptone Blue Raspberry; Michael's lime green
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Book Box &
Other - TH Black Soot Distress Ink;
Taylored Expressions printed sentiment


Elizabeth Craft Designs sponsored this month's challenge.

They've offered a $25 gift card for our random June winner - thanks!!

So, I've already said that my absolute favorite die cut shapes are hearts but boxes of any kind also delight me! And I love snowflake dies too - I have too many!! I combined these loves for my project. 

Die cut the box and wrap around piece, a topper layer & a side layer which you can see below. I stamped the topper and side layers with a texty print. Next I die cut two of the snowflakes from the 3piece set & layered. Assembled the box, added the layers and the snowflake. A preprinted sentiment finished the top. Here's the box side:


Add'l supplies: Hero Arts Christmas Trimming Stamp & Cut (retired)
Star cut out with one of the snowflakes above

You can see a previous book box HERE

Ready for a bonus? I just love ECD journaling dies so I thought I do a page for my little ECD art journal that I started in 2022 (see other pages HERE & HERE if desired). I've been remiss in adding to it, haven't I? Oh well...


Supplies: Paper - Core'dinations plaid; Neenah Solar White; 
Poptone Blue Raspberry; Michael's lime green
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Snowflakes;
Lawn Fawn Winter Wonderland Window (small flakes)
Kits - Elizabeth Craft Designs Lost in the Woods
(used the page die, dots & boots stamp & boots die) &
Classic Christmas Special Kit (used 2 of the snowflake dies)
Stamp with die - Colorado Craft Company Cozy Cat
(die HERE)

I die cut the page from aqua plaid, trimming off the end since I have a smaller journal. Scored the center. On the front side I stamped some dots in aqua. On a scrap of Neenah, I stamped & colored the boots, then die cut. Die cut snowflakes & assembled the page. Added a CCC sentiment from the bits box. I'll have to work on the interior and back pages later. I'm adding the journal page to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge #63 since my Lost in the Woods kit is getting first play here.

That's it for today. Please check out our June Challenge and share your project with favorite die cuts by 9pm Pacific Time. Thanks for visiting!!



7 comments:

Dawn T said...

Delightful projects Linda. Love the snowflake card. And your little box is so cute. And what a cool journal page.

papierelle said...

A very elaborate and very beautiful work!!!

Lin said...

Love these bright snowflakes, Linda! That touch of plaid is fun, too!

Cat Craig said...

The snowflakes are lovely as is the box.

HilaryJane said...

What a perfect box for a Christmas present. Just stunning. I am pleased to see you using several of your snowflake dies too xx

Greta said...

What gorgeous snowflakes and lovely projects, Linda!

Jean said...

These are a delight - lovely, fun colors!