Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Birthday Boy Frog

Happy Saturday everyone! Once again I spent part of Friday night watching Craft Roulette #220 live (replay HERE). This time the Twins baseball game (we lost - darn it) didn't start until after the show so I had plenty of time to create along! Finished my card shortly after the LIVE but waited until today to take a decent photo:


Supplies: Paper - Paper Studio A2 card;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Poptone Black;
Tim Holtz chart paper (collection unk);
Paper Studio Vintage Christmas (striped)
Stamps - Hero Arts Basket of Flowers & 
Sending Happy Thoughts (both retired)
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Darice googly eyes;
preprinted sentiment - brand ??; Park Lane star gem

For this show Mary Gunn FUNN had Christine Bertram as a guest. Christine is a Stampin' Up demonstrator and does online classes (Cards by Christine). The old wheel spun some fun for us this week:


Project: A Dude's Card - I made a card for a boy's birthday.
Colors: Dragons - I googled & found Chinese dragon colors; red, green, black, white, gold.
Element: Basket(s) - I used a basket stamp. Thanks again to Jean (Right as Rain) who sent me the set!
Random: Chart - I used a chunk of a maritime chart from a Tim Holtz paper pack - I had cut up a few sheets and brought them to the satellite studio. No clue what the collection is but I think it had a travel theme...

I stamped and fussy cut the basket, mushrooms, frog & crown. Colored with Copics. Freehand cut around the bottom & right of the maritime chart and glued it to the striped paper. Die cut it with a stitched rectangle. Added a black strip & glued the panel to an A2 card. Added the other elements with foam tape. Gave Mr. Frog some googly eyes & added a star to the chart's center - done!

That's it for today, friends! Thanks for visiting & I hope you enjoy your weekend!!

10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Super creative use of the prompts, fab card.

HilaryJane said...

I would really struggle to do this, so I am enjoying seeing what you create each week. This is a fun little card and so creative xx

Trina P. said...

Darling masculine card. You’re so quick and creative.
Sorry your team lost.

Lisa Elton said...

That frog is too cute! What a fun card, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Great use of the parameters Linda. I don't think I'll get time to play this week. Your cards is just wonderful.

Rosemary said...

Great card for a boy, Linda! I always love seeing how you pull together all the elements from the challenge to create your cards. I don't think I could pull it off the way you do!

Jean said...

Absolutely adorable - very whimsical!

Greta said...

Great job fussy cutting--cute card!

papierelle said...

So cute and funny!!! Great job again!!!

Pam Sparks said...

Super Cute Linda!