Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

So Sorry Nordic Majestic Bloom

Hi everyone - I'm back with a card for Darnell's IDEAS program (see here fabulous inspiration HERE). This week E is for Embossing & I've pulled out a recent Spellbinders 3D folder of the month that I hadn't used yet.


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card; Poptone Black;
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Recollections Shades of Red;
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain; scraps of orange and green
Betterpress with Dies - Spellbinders You Are Everything Sentiments
& Double Stitch Scalloped Rectangle Frames (retired);
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Embossing Folder - Spellbinders Classic Backdrop (3DEOM-Mar24)

I covered an A2 card with a panel cut using Poppystamp's Cortina Pinpoint Plate, a December 2023 release that I hadn't used yet. Next I die cut a stitched rectangle and embossed with the 3D Classic Backdrop folder from Spellbinders' March subscription. I had some leftover pieces of a Nordic bloom (from this card) & a sprig from the bits box (brand unknown). Assembled and added to a black frame cut from a retired scalloped rectangle set. A Betterpressed sentiment finished the card.

This one is going to my sister-in-law who just lost her uncle. When her aunt passed, the family brought her uncle to Minnesota & have been helping as he declined in health. The funeral is coming up this weekend.

I'll add my card to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge #63 since both the embossing folder and coverplate die are newly used.

Thanks for visiting & I hope you're having a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Jean said...

A lovely card for a sad occasion. Your use of the products is wonderful.

Darnell said...

This will be loved by your SIL, Linda. I'm sorry for her loss. It's hard when older generations leave us. The Nordic flower is amazing with all the elements you have thoughtfully brought together in your design! Thank you for your frequent appearance in the NBUS gallery and for joining me in this week's embossing I.D.E.A.S.!📌Hugs, Darnell

Rosemary said...

Lovely sympathy card, Linda. The single nordic bloom looks so pretty against the embossed background.

Greta said...

Love that embossing folder and the Nordic Bloom worked great for your sympathy card.