Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 28, 2024

A Malibu Barbie for Craft Roulette 221

Hi friends - I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've posted; well, I've been busy with home stuff.... And I'm behind on blog commenting - hope to catch up soon!!

Seems I'm a regular at Craft Roulette! For last week, I was among 381 contributions - wow! Watched live tonight for a while, then I had to meet a chorus friend to prepare for an event tomorrow. But I was able to finish watching Episode #221 when I got home. Mary Gunn FUNN featured Sara Lihz Staroska as her guest. Sara is on the Trinity Stamps Team and does crafting YouTube videos (@sassysllccom).

Here's my card, created just after the LIVE, using this week's parameters:


Supplies: Paper - Michael's; My Mind's Eye;
Hero Arts Dove A2 card; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Dies - Waffle Flower Beach Tote;
Hero Arts Hero Lifestyle Forms (retired but 
available HERE at Frantic Stamper) &
Lifestyle at the Beach (retired but
available HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Stamps - Hero Arts Hero Lifestyle Faces (retired but
available HERE at Frantic Stamper)
Hot Foil Plate w/Die - Spellbinders All You Need Sentiments
Other - Foam tape; Glossy Accents;
TH Black Soot Distress Ink; Betterpress Black ink

Here's what the wheel spun for us to use (screen shot taken during LIVE):


  • Project: A2 - I used a top fold Hero Arts A2 card
  • Colors: Donut Shop - I used kraft (donut color), white (frosting color) & any other color I wanted (sprinkles)!! My sunglass lenses are black but I figure that's a freebie...
  • Element: Dolly - I pulled out my Hero Arts Lifestyle doll stamps and dies
  • Random: Purse or Pocket - I used a new Waffle Flower Beach Tote (purse?) die set - the tote has a pocket so I figure I'm covered.
I die cut the elements and assembled; stamped the face on the doll and gave her sunglasses Glossy Accents (also added to the die cut ones). Added some kraft (for sand) to the bottom of an A2 card and added the tote, towel and doll. I had Betterpressed a hot foil plate  earlier in the evening (gorgeous results!) and used one of the strips for my sentiment. Took about 90 minutes to create - very fun! Doesn't the doll remind you of Malibu Barbie? Anyway, that's what I named her...

Since my beach tote is getting first play today, I'll add my card to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge #63. This is also my only card for Darnell's IDEAS program this week. It's A for Anything Goes! See her wonderful inspiration HERE.

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the weekend!!



9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Awesome Linda. Love the use of your Hero Arts doll.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute summer card!

Julia Aston said...

I've not heard of Craft Roulette before - what a fun challenge! Love your wonderful beach bag with the dolly and beach towel inside - great colors for the summer too! Julia xx

HilaryJane said...

Your card is such fun. Your dolly looks so happy to be going to the beach. A very joyful card. Well done for playing along so regularly xx

Rosemary said...

Super fun take on the challenge parameters, Linda! You are so good at craft roulette!

papierelle said...

Only at second view did I see that it was a beach bag. Great idea and design!!!

Cat Craig said...

What a smart card. So fun.

Greta said...

What a cute card!

Jean said...

Cute and fun - nicely captures the beach vibe!