Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Tropical colored Christmas

Hey everyone - happy Saturday! I was multitasking last night - watching Craft Roulette 218 then switching over to chorus Zoom for coaching (I couldn't attend in person). So I didn't do a card live but I made one this morning:

Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts A2 card; scraps;
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain;
Authentique A Magical Christmas
Letterpress plate - Spellbinders Betterpress Christmas Icons
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Design Borders & Trims
Inks - Tim Holtz Distress Oxides: Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed,
Mowed Lawn, Kitsch Flamingo, Twisted Citron, Weathered Wood & Black Soot

Mary Gunn FUNN had Cassie Trask (Cassie's Paper Piecings) as her guest. Here's  what the wheel spun:



Project-holiday: I chose Christmas.
Colors-tropics: I googled and found a Tropical Hawaiian Color Palette.
Element-wheel(s): I chose a Betterpress plate with a car. 
Random-geometric shape(s): A2 card and layers are rectangles.

I used the car press plate, not only for the wheels but for the gifts too. They work for Christmas Kickstart Challenge #87 - Its a Gift. Yay! And my zig-zag border die is newly used today so I'll also add my card to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge #63. And to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #56 where Anything Goes.

I pressed the image and one of the set's sentiments in black Betterpress ink and watercolored with Distress Oxide inks. I used an A7 sheet and rotated it so I could press a second image, then cut the panel down. Die cut a stitched rectangle to mat the pressed image. Added to an A2 card covered with patterned paper. Die cut the zig-zags and added to the bottom of the image panel - done! If you want to see another version of the pressed car, go HERE.

That's it for today - thanks for visiting!! Now I'm back to my chorus Zoom - couldn't attend today's coaching in person either. Nice to be able to take notes while watching!

Have a crafty weekend!!






10 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Love the bold colours and those zig zag strips. It is good that you can join the chorus zoom and don't have to miss out completely when you can't attend in person xx

ionabunny said...

This is cute. Love the bold borders and zigzags. Hugz

Jean said...

An absolute delight - a very fun and unique combination. These craft roulettes sound like a lot of fun.

Dawn T said...

Super sweet card Linda. Great to get a few challenges in with the one card.
Love this cute card.

Lin said...

What a fun design, Linda - the zig-zags add lots of interest!!

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooooo, love the zig-zags! What a gorgeous card, rather different to your usual style and looks amazing. Thanks for joining Denise and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Trina P. said...

Another fabulous CR creation! It’s so cute.

papierelle said...

It's nice that you were able to combine the roulette requirements with other challenges. A very pretty Christmas card!!

Rosemary said...

A fun and very cute Christmas card, Linda! Love the bright, cheerful colors.

Greta said...

Love that car with the tree image and your choice of the background paper!