Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Nordic Majestic Bloom for CR219

Happy Saturday everyone - hope you're enjoying the weekend! I multi-tasked yet again last night watching Craft Roulette #219 on my laptop & the Twins baseball game on television (we won!). I managed to finish my card just after the LIVE ended but waited til today to photograph it; a gloomy day but I made the best of it...


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Dove A2 card;
BoBunny Double Dotted; DCWV pastels; scraps
Stamps with Dies - Unity Stamps I Did. I Do. I Will. (die HERE)
Dies - Poppystamps Nordic Majestic Bloom;
Elizabeth Craft Designs Torn;

Host Mary Gunn FUNN had Carrie Giletto (her YouTube channel) as her guest. You may have seen her videos for Whimsy Stamps. The wheel spun the following parameters (screen shot during LIVE) for us to use on our cards:


  • Project - Anniversary: I chose to make a wedding anniversary card. The group agreed that celebrating anything that recurs could count, even Christmas!
  • Colors - Salad: I chose lettuce salad colors of green, reds (tomatoes, peppers), oranges (cheese, carrots),  white (onions). The group thought of many other types, including Jello!
  • Element - New: I chose a new die set that I'm using for the first time. Other thoughts by the group - New Year, newborn baby, a new technique.
  • Random - Folded Corner: I folded over the corner of one of my layers. Pretty self-explanatory.

I die cut 2 mat layers & all elements of the Nordic Majestic Bloom set and assembled onto an A2 card. The Unity sentiment came from the bits box - I'd stamped and die cut several of these when I made a previous card. The scalloped border was another new item recently purchased from ECD, our fabulous sponsor at Die Cut Divas June Challenge.

I'm adding my card to Darnell's June NBUS Challenge #63 since my bloom set got first play here.

That's it for today, friends! Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty weekend!


7 comments:

Kate said...

This is fabulous Linda! I just ordered this set and am expecting it to arrive any day now! Hugs, Kate!

HilaryJane said...

your salad colours look wonderful. A great card xx

Jean said...

Another creative stunner! Yay for crafting and baseball.

Trina P. said...

You knocked it out of the park yet again! Fabulous card meeting the parameters.

Dawn T said...

Just a delightful card Linda. You've done a great job using the parameters. Love the stamps you've used.

Cat Craig said...

Been on a vacay to Ohio to see the folks. So catching up. Have loved seeing your posts. You've been getting in both lovely winter and summer cards.

Rosemary said...

Fabulous card, Linda! You are so good at combining bold colors on your cards.