Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, June 21, 2024

Favorite Die Cut Shapes

Welcome friends! Summer arrived yesterday in the Northern Hemisphere - woo hoo!! We've already been enjoying some warm weather here in Minnesota and I'm looking forward to all the summer fun! 

I posted the card below for inspiration at Die Cut Divas today. We're using favorite die cuts for our June Challenge. I hope you can join us!


Supplies: Paper - Bazzill A2 Card; Tim Holtz watercolor paper;
scraps of black & green; Penny Black Painted Blooms
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Ornate Butterfly &
Other - TH Distress Oxide Inks;
Creative Expressions Wordies Friendship Sentiments


Elizabeth Craft Designs sponsored this month's challenge.

They've offered a $25 gift card for our random June winner - thanks!!

If I'm being honest, my absolute favorite die cut shapes (or any shapes for that matter) are hearts. Comes from having a Valentine birthday, I guess. I didn't have an ECD heart die to showcase but I have many favorites from other categories - butterflies being my favorite insects. I die cut the three layers from Ornate Butterfly and assembled. Die cut another favorite shape  - an open weave type mat. Added them to an acetate smooshed watercolor background I did a couple weeks ago, then to an A2 card. Used a preprinted sentiment & done - quick and easy! I just love the PB patterned paper for the detail butterfly wing layer! Since this die set is newly used I'm adding my card to Darnell's
 June NBUS Challenge #63.

Here's a photo of the backgrounds I made and the inks I used. The one on the right focused more on the oranges and reds. I also used some common packing materials as stamps - on left: a sheet of soft lined wrapping & on right: some bubble wrap. 



Ready for a bonus card? I used the background at right to make it:


Supplies: Paper - Card Warehouse Paper A2 Card; 
Tim Holtz watercolor paper;
scraps of black & copper glitter
Dies - Elizabeth Craft Designs Get in to Gear;
A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - TH Distress Oxide Inks;
Creative Expressions Wordies Friendship Sentiments

I don't know what it is about cogs and gears dies but I just love them! These were another new purchase from ECD during their Memorial Day sale. Luckily they arrived in time for me to use them in June!!

That's it for today. Please check out our June Challenge and share your project with favorite die cuts by June 30th at 9pm Pacific Time. Thanks for visiting!!





11 comments:

HilaryJane said...

Those backgrounds are just wonderful. You have made me want to get my inks out and have a go. Distress inks have taken a back seat in my craft room recently. Need to change that I think. Great dies too. Thanks for the inspiration xx

Jean said...

Your mixed media cards are absolute stunners!

Trina P. said...

Beautiful. Great design and amazing backgrounds.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous color on both cards, Linda.

Betty said...

love the lattice background on your card Linda - that's my new favorite for adding texture - must get going and make a card for DCD - have been so bad about entering challenges lately!

Arlene said...

I absolutely love both cards. WOW!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, what a pretty butterfly! Two fabulous cards, Linda!

Cindy C. said...

The backgrounds look awesome!!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful mixed media cards, Linda. The butterfly is gorgeous and I love that cool background on the second card!

Greta said...

Pretty butterfly and great 2nd card! I misunderstood the challenge, thinking it needed to be a shaped card. Maybe I'll get another card entered.

papierelle said...

Oh wow, your card is stunning!!!! I'm in love!!!