Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, July 21, 2024

Friend Flower

Hey everyone - I'm posting card one below at Die Cut Divas today, then a bonus follows only here. For our July Diva Challenge, we're all about Adding Glitter!! Most people love some glitter; I know I do!!


Supplies: Paper - Spellbinders Betterpress Pebble;
Paper Studio A2 card and glitter paper; scraps
Stamps with dies - Scrappy Tails Flower Shop (Dies HERE)
Hot Foil Plate with dies - Scrappy Tails A2 Butterfly Frame (Dies HERE
Dies - Scrappy Tails Retro Birthday Blooms &
Other - Park Lane gems; Betterpress Leaf ink; foam tape

Our wonderful sponsor this month is Scrappy Tails, a company new to me. I placed an order for a flower die bundle and a glimmer plate & was very happy with the items. Scrappy Tails has generously donated a $25 gift card to their store which we'll award to our random winner in early August.


You might ask - Linda, don't you have enough flower die sets? Well, I made room for a few more - lol. On this card I die cut flower pieces (some glitter paper) from one set and the leaves (glitter paper) from another. Teamie Arlene (A Bit of This and That) had stamped off some flower sentiments for me so I made use of one here. Thanks Arlene!!

Rather than foiling the deco frame, I letterpressed it using Leaf ink. It's a thick plate so I had to remove all the shims before it would go through the Betterpress! Then I used the coordinating die to cut it out. Backed it with some LF speckled paper before adding to an A2 card. Added the blossom, leaves and sentiment - very quick and easy!

Ready for a bonus? I did another deco frame using Strawberry ink. This one I stacked with more die cuts for dimension and the look of a painting:


Supplies: Paper - Hero Arts Glitter Paper Basics;
Paper Studio A2 card; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain;
Sunny Studio Holiday Cheer
Stamps with dies - Scrappy Tails German Winter Village (Dies HERE)
Hot Foil Plate with diesA2 Butterfly Frame (Dies HERE
Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders


Thanks again to Arlene who stamped off some German village elements for me - aren't they the cutest?! Sadly, they're sold out of this set at Scrappy Tails.... I colored them with Copics & assembled atop a snowflake paper with sparkly hills. Added the stacked frame and then adhered to an A2 card. Added sparkle lacquer to to the snow on the buildings. Popped a sentiment up with foam tape. Such a fun card to put together!

I'll add card one to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64 since the flower, leaves and frame are newly used. I'll add card two to the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge #88 featuring Festive Frames (my 3rd of 3 max entries)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you in our July Diva gallery using some die cuts (or embossing folders) and glitter!! You have until 9pm Pacific Time on July 31, 2024 to enter. Good luck!!




9 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just delightful Linda. Both cards are just lovely with all the glitter on the first one.

Jean said...

One day and two seasons! Both are charming.

HilaryJane said...

You can never have enough flower dies. Love that frame and how you have used it for 2 completely different cards. Such great inspiration. Thank you xx

Greta said...

Beautiful floral card and love the sweet scene!

Lisa Elton said...

That art deco frame works so well with both of your designs! Terrific cards, Linda!

Cat Craig said...

Lovingthat art deco frame, it gives a fun edge to the cards.

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, that Art Noveau frame is gorgeous, as is the whole card. Love the flower card too - I always love a bit of sparkle! Thanks for joining Leslie and me once again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Cindy C. said...

Both great makes!! Love how you combined the products.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, Linda. The big flower on the first one is so pretty. Your holiday village scene is fabulous!