Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

A Couple of Birthday Cards

Hi everyone - I'm sharing a couple birthday cards today! First up, a card for Darnell (djkardkreations) who had the anniversary of her 29th birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday, Darnell!!


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar white; Poptone black; 
Park Lane A2 card; Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps - Altenew Dynamic Blossoms
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; Hero Arts gems; foam tape;


I made a previous bellflower card using the color combo pink & aqua. Loved it so much that I wanted to color it in purples - Darnell loved it too. I die cut the purple one with a larger rectangle than the pink/aqua so more of the image shows. Added to an A2 card without a mat layer. 

The sentiment was letterpressed using a hot foil plate - turned out so gorgeous; I couldn't stop staring at it! Die cut it along with a black shadow layer. Added it to the card with foam tape, then popped some gems around.

Next up, a card for my niece that I neglected to share in her January birthday month.


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar white; Hero Arts Bermuda;
My Favorite Things Colorful Canvas; scrap of beige
Stamps with Dies - Hero Arts Flowers in Vase Bundle
Dies - A Jillian Vance Design Stitched Dot Rectangle Backdrop Set
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape

I stamped, colored and die cut the bouquet in vase - it's one large image. Added to an A2 card along with a canvas background, white mat and a beige "tabletop" where I'd stamped a sentiment from the same set. Quick and easy! The Flowers in Vase set got first play on this card (and I haven't used it since...) so I'll add to Darnell's July NBUS Challenge #64 - hope that's ok; I haven't shared the card b4. Will add the card I made for Darnell to the July Seize the Birthday Challenge #286 using Anything Goes.

Thats it for today friends. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July tomorrow if you're in the USA - so glad we have freedom to live as we chose, including crafting!!

Thanks for visiting!!



8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely floral card designs Linda! I'm sure both receivers will appreciate their beauty and your thoughtfulness in sending them! Thank you for joining in on Seize the Birthday as well! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

These are both lovely ways to send happy birthday wishes! Fantastic cards, Linda!

Dawn T said...

Two gorgeous card Linda. Happy 4th to you.

Trina P. said...

A couple of pretty birthday blooms cards.

Jean said...

Both are beautiful floral creations! Happy 4th!

Nancy said...

Well, both of your cards are so beautiful, Linda! Your coloring on card one is just stunning. I love your second card too. The perfect way to ground the vase and the background looks like linen wallpaper. Awesome post and thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Two lovely cards Linda. That first one is gorgeous with your coloring of those lovely flowers. I know your niece loved her pretty card too.

JoAnn said...

Forgot to thank you for sharing your lovely birthday card with us at Seize the Birthday.