Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Friday, August 2, 2024

July 2024 Card Chain Reveal

Hi friends - welcome to another Card Chain Reveal, this time for July 2024! Twenty-seven people participated and you can see the entire chain revealed HERE. My card went to Gail L. (What's Normal) in Canada:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane A2 card; Neenah white;
Poptone Blue Raspberry;TH Kraft Metallic 
Spellbinders Betterpress Porcelain
Stamps - Hero Arts CL228 Asian Elements (retired)
Die - Hero Arts Feb 2024 My Monthly Hero Classic Kit (sold out)
Hot Foil Plate with Die - Spellbinders All You Need Sentiments
Other - Hero Arts honey lacquer (from a MMH kit);
Hero Arts & Betterpress inks

We had the following options to use when creating our cards:

Color Palette Option
Sketch Option


Theme Options: Asian / Feathers / Friendship

Product / Technique Options: Ribbon or Lace / Embossing

I went with the colors, sketch & theme of Asian. I loved the colors for this month! You might think of Topaz as being yellow but I found a blue topaz ring while on a Caribbean vacation - very pretty. For the sketch I achieved my horizontal line element by doing some scoring. The oval was replaced with a circle.

I pulled out a Hero Arts kit with an Asian influence (see a previous card with it HERE) & used the coverplate die on my blue topaz layer. I die cut the center out with a circle die. Next I cut a second coverplate in gold and used another circle die, one click larger, to cut out the grid portion. Glued that over the opening on the topaz layer & added to a gold A2 card.

Next I stamped and fussy cut elements from a long retired Hero Arts set (c2008). I'm ashamed to admit I bought it new & had never used it before now - yikes, might be a new record on Mt NBUS!! Added gems, pearls and some honey lacquer & adhered to the card. Added a letterpressed sentiment made using a hot foil plate - just love to make these!!

I received this darling card from Jeanne (Cards by Jeanne). I just love the floral spray atop the soft inking - thanks Jeanne!! And thanks too for the die cut bits - can't wait to use them!


You can sign up for the August Chain until the 6th - go HERE for details. Simply make and send one card and receive a card - so fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!


10 comments:

papierelle said...

Oh, what a great implementation of the sketch, I'm very thrilled!!!

Gail L said...

I just LOVE it!
Thank you so much Linda, and for the extras!!

HilaryJane said...

Those colours do work really well together. Love your vibrant topaz and great oriental fell. Jeanne's card is pretty special too xx

Jean said...

A lovely card given, and a lovely one received! Happy August.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely Asian inspired card, Linda!

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful layering of your lovely die cut Asian images Linda - the mix of challenge colors is really pretty in this! Julia xx

Arlene said...

I love the Asian flair and those colors just blend so well.

Rosemary said...

Pretty take on the sketch and colors, Linda!

Pia S said...

I think this is most beautiful, Linda. The colors worked well with your Asian themed elements, I like how you arranged everything and the textured look.

Greta said...

You both made lovely cards!