Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Happy Holidays Bear Trio

Hi everyone - I'm back with another card for Christmas Kickstart Challenge #89 where the theme is Animal Antics:



Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White; 
Paper Studio A2 card; Hero Arts glitter & Bermuda cardstock;
Core'dinations textured glitter paper
Dies - Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders;
Poppystamps Whittle Polar Bears;
Waffle Flower Christmas Banners;
Penny Black Dancing Snowflakes;
Memory Box Pine Tree Grove
Other - Copic Markers; foam tape; Spellbinders gems

Jo and her elf Gundi asked for animals playing in the snow. I decided to use a new-to-me Poppystamps whittle critter set retired at Poppystamps; I linked it Frantic Stamper where it's still available. Looks like my animals might be taking a nap break from playing, though, since their eyes are closed!

Die cut the three bears & shaded with Copics. Die cut some snowy hills & used a pine grove leftover from a previous card. Die cut the Happy Holidays banner twice from scraps & layered for a shadow effect. I had some snowflakes (brand unk) in the bits box, plus I die cut one from a Penny Black set, purchased on clearance at Anchor Paper recently.  Assembled onto an A2 card & added a few gems - done!

Since the bear & PB snowflakes sets got first play here, I'll add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65 & also to Merry Little Christmas Challenge #57 where anything goes for Christmas.

Thanks for stopping & have a crafty day!!




10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

This is so cute!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your sweet frosty scene, Linda! Wonderful card!

Dawn T said...

Adorable card Linda. Love the snowy scene.

papierelle said...

Just beautiful. I like the design of your card and how you make the trees. Thank you so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart again!! Gundi

HilaryJane said...

I feel quite chilly looking at this, despite the heat in my craft room. A brilliant polar bear scene xx

Rosemary said...

Super sweet and frosty little scene, Linda.

Dotty Jo said...

Completely gorgeous - what a sweet scene! Perhaps they are playing hide and seek? Thanks for joining Gundi and me at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Greta said...

Very sweet winter scene!

Jean said...

A terrific winter scene that works well for those challenges.

Arlene said...

I love your snowy trees and those bears look perfect there. WOW.