Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Friends are True Gifts

Hi everyone - I'm back with my third and final card for Christmas Kickstart #89 where it's time for Animal Antics. 


Supplies: Paper - Neenah Solar White;
Hero Arts Bermuda; scrap of kraft
Stamps - Penny Black Bright Spirits,
Dies - Spellbinders Dancin' Gnome (retired);
Other - Hero Arts Emerald Green ink & sparkle lacquer;
Copic Markers; foam tape

I enjoyed crafty shopping with my sister-in-law yesterday & purchased a couple new-to-me Penny Black 2020 stamps on clearance. I decided to create a winter scene that would fit at Kickstart. I'll also enter it in the Penny Black August Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes with option of Flowers (not used). I've not played there before but was inspired by Loll (Stamping with Loll) who's a guest designer this month.

I stamped the polar bear and hedgie decorating a Christmas tree from one PB set, plus a hedgie in stocking from the other set. Colored them with Copics & fussy cut. I have a box of fabulous PB stamps from my friend Jean (Right as Rain) where I found the perfect set with trees & a fabulous sentiment set. Thanks again, Jean!!

I stamped the trees across a rectangle and added it to an A2 card. Hand drew a snow line with a Copic, then added the bear/hedgie image. The image doesn't have the lower parts of the animal bodies - probably meant to be within a window. So I took a second rectangle & cut it down with a hill die then added to the scene to cover up that lower half. Stamped the sentiment in the bottom right corner. Die cut a stump and added to the card with foam tape and adhered the hedgie in stocking propped up on the stump.

So fun to put together and now I have another card for the Christmas stash - I'm up to about 40, I think. I also add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65 since my hedgie stamps got first play here.

That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by & enjoy the rest of your weekend!




12 comments:

HilaryJane said...

That's a great little scene. I am glad you found some bargains on your trip so you didn't spend too much. Hopefully! Well done for using them so quickly xx

Lisa Elton said...

You've created a darling scene, Linda! I like the little hedgie in the stocking!

Viv said...

This is such a cute scene Linda! And a perfect sentiment. x

Dawn T said...

Such an adorable card Linda. Love the little scene you have created.

Dotty Jo said...

So sweet! Another fabulous little scene, Linda. I love everything about your card - and the trees in the background really add the wow factor. Love the hedgehog on the stocking too. All lovely! Thanks for joining Gundi and me at Christmas Kickstart once more, Jo x

papierelle said...

Oh my goodness, this little scene is so cute and lovely!!! Thank you so much for playing with Jo and me at the Christmas Kickstart!!

Jean said...

Simply adorable - I want to jump right into this scene.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So very adorable! Thanks for joining us at PBSC:)

Trina P. said...

Aww-some! Such a sweet and adorable scene.

Rosemary said...

What a sweet little scene you created, Linda! I especially love the little hedgie popping out of the Christmas stocking.

Arlene said...

You got three cards done and I've got to start on my first one. I think this is so cute.

Greta said...

Creative and adorable card, Linda! Just love how you stamped the trees in the background!