Welcome to my blog!

Thanks for visiting my blog. As the title suggests, I love to scrapbook, stamp, and sing! I will share cards and scrapbook pages I create, as well as information about my music - Barbershop harmony.

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Holiday Elements - Washi and Stenciled

Hi everyone - I hope your week is going well. I was inspired by friend Greta's beautiful card to plan something for the August Pinkfresh Studio Challenge. It's been a few years since I played over there - how time flies!!

I don't have a huge collection of PFS in my stash but had picked up the English Garden washi/stamp/stencil/die collection locally. I haven't shared the washi version on my blog yet (stenciled one HERE) but I made it in July so didn't want to send it to the challenge. Decided instead to order something from PFS & found their Holiday Elements collection on sale - yay! They didn't have the die in stock but I found one at Frantic Stamper. Just received my orders in the mail this week so gave Holiday Elements first play. Here's the washi version:


Supplies: Paper - Park Lane gold A2 card; Paper Studio Holiday;
Michael's pink; Neenah Solar White; Betterpress Porcelain
Dies - Pinkfresh Studio Holiday Elements 
(out of stock at PFS but found HERE at Frantic Stamper)
& Folk Edge Rectangles (retired)
Hot Foil Plate with Die - Spellbinders All You Need Sentiments

I rolled the washi out onto a piece of Neenah, then die cut. Also die cut the shapes from another piece and layered for stability & dimension. Next I die cut two layers of the folk art set and adhered to an A2 card. Arranged the elements and adhered. Could not for the life of me find my foiled PFS holiday sentiments so added a Betterpressed one (made with a hot foil plate). LOL - the only item from the die cut selection that I didn't use was the mistletoe sprig!

Here's the stenciled version which I decided to make since it's Stencil Week #741at Just Us Girls:


Additional supplies: PFS Holiday Elements Stamps & Coordinating Stencils

And here's a process photo with all inks - I'm on the 6th and final step here:


I didn't do any additional shading, just stamped and stenciled, then die cut. This time I just used one of the Folk Edge layer dies on a piece of canvas patterned paper. While I love the gold & shimmer of the washi, I really enjoy stenciling this set! Looking at it, it could use some shading so I may add some later... Since this set is new, I'll also add my card to Darnell's August NBUS Challenge #65.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by &, as usual, happy crafting!!




7 comments:

Greta said...

It's great my card inspired you, Linda! That's beautiful Washi and I love the stenciled version, too. You can enter up to 3 times, so go ahead and post your other Washi card. It qualifies as long as it was never posted.

Dawn T said...

Love both versions here Linda. The washi tapes make card making so nice and easy.

Lisa Elton said...

Both versions are wonderful, Linda! Thanks so much for sharing one with us at Just Us Girls!

Jean said...

Lovely cards! And I so appreciate the process photo you provided.

HilaryJane said...

Don't they have such lovely detail on them. Both are great, but I reckon the stencilled one is more satisfying to make xx

Rosemary said...

Lovely set of cards, Linda. The washi images are so pretty, but look just as nice stenciled!

Bobby said...

Love your stenciled version of the Holiday Elements, Linda. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.